Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grumps has a weekend visit

Dad...aka...Grump is here for the weekend with my brother Joe....aka...Lost in translation. Now the Grump has not at all been Grumpy this weekend. Maybe it's because he was held up in the man cave Saturday and Sunday drinking beer and watching football. What more can a man want???? Me I was pretty much the beer bitch for all these men. It was me and five guys all weekend plus some of Hub's friends who stopped by for some man time in the man cave. Sunday after I went for beer again I got home to find out Blake needed to be taken to mall. Can I do anything else for you people??? While driving Blake and his friend to the mall they put on a rap station. I have an "Ahh haa" moment while driving. I know all the words to every rap song which just means I'm driving this kid around way too much. The sad thing is after I drop them off I listen to the rap all the way home and I like it. Scary right???? After the mall I settle in for a little Hoarders and wait for the golden globes to come on.


Monday morning I get up and go to work. Grumps takes the kids to a movie. After work we play some X-box Kinect. That picture above is my brother kicking my ass on dance central. WTF, I can't believe this. Who know this kid could move like that.



Before dinner my brother and I head out to the workout center in my hood. Hell yes, my workouts are still going strong. I'm going to totally kick my cousins ass in this competition. Now I did fall off the workout wagon this weekend but I blame house guest on that. Between getting beer, cooking food, and driving people around I had no time. Oh yes, and the mindless TV I needed to watch did not help at all.


Joe and me get to the workout center. He gets on the bike and I decide I'm going to do the elliptical machine for an hour. At least that's what I thought I was going to do. I'm on this thing for five minutes already tired and ready to quit. I say to myself alright lets start with 30 and work our way up. I should have known better since I only made it on the bike 30 last week.
Mind you there's a seventy year old guy on elliptic just down from me kickin ass and taken names. I'm trying like hell to look like this is a walk in the park for me. I can't let this old guy know he's smokin me. He keeps looking over at me smiling because he knows he is smokin my ass. At ten minutes all that's going through my head is......I think I can, I think I can. At fifthten minutes I know I can't. That heart moniter starts to blink really fast on the machine. Me not really ever having worked out before and not knowing what the crazy blinking heart thing means thinks it's telling me I'm about to have a heartattack. I get off and have a slight panic attack. I tell Joe I need to go home. He wants to stay so I tell him I will pick him up in 30 more minutes. I feel my heartbeat on the way out and it is pounding. I think shit I'm really going to be pissed if I have a heartattack. I get home and ask Hub's what does the beeping heart thing mean on the machines?????? He tells me it means you got your heart rate up to workout rate. I tell him OMGosh, I thought it meant get off the machine your about to blow. So tomorrow I will know better.


We do some more Kinects. Love that game. Workout and spend time with your kids, brilliant. I wish I came with this crap. Cole had a friend over so I had to drive him home at nine. I don't know what's up with me but I'm super happy. I have a smile from ear to ear. Is it the workouts????? Maybe, maybe not! I'm driving him home and that song......You make me feel like dancing...going to dance the night away is going through my head. I'm dancing in the car while I drive. Who knew working out could make someone feel so great. I kind of feel like skipping through my hood yelling....skippity do dah, skippity day, my oh my what a wonderful day! Maybe it's the fact that Grumps is here, I do love spending time with him and Joe.


After taking Cole's friend home the people in my house tell me they are starving. Me being in the great mood I am, I'm going to cook them... yes.... a second dinner. This is when I realize the bad part of working out makes me want to eat like a horse....WTF. Another post from LaLa land. My Grumps leaves in the am....BOO HOO, but the twisted sister is coming with the little jerk, WOOO HOOOOO! Once again sorry for miss spellings, bad grammar, and to and too puck ups. This chick is way to lazy to check this.

No comments: