Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Looks like we made it

So today Hub's and I were married for 15 years. Lets rewind the clock back to 1996 January 26th. We got married in Chicago in a cold ass blizzard. Lots of family and friends were there. We had a kick ass reception hosted by Grumps and Debbie. Lots of food, drinks, and dancing. After we got home we purchased our first house in Lewisville TX for 112 thousand dollars. Right before our one year anniversary I found out I was pregnant with Blake. Me weighing about 95 pounds when we got married put on 70 in this pregnancy. I often wonder if Hub's was a little worried when I almost doubled in size.




Being married has been a challenge from time to time. I guess that's why they throw that little for better or worst in your vows. There are times when we have grown apart and there are times where we have grown together through the years. We have been sick together, we have been healthy together, we have been poor together, we have been more comfortable than poor together, We have seen each other at our worst and we have seen each other at our best. We have suffered loss together. The loss of a Father, Grandparents, friends and a pet. I think the pet was more my loss but that's alright. We have paid bills together and we have not been able to pay bills together. We have loved each other and we have been indifferent with each other. We have been mad and we have been happy. We have been proud and we have been disappointed. We have said nice things to each other and we have said awful things to each other. We have agreed whole heartily and we have disagreed whole heartily. We have made some great friends and we have made some bad friends. We have made great decisions and we made bad ones. Are you sick of this yet?????? Bottom line is we have been together almost half our life now and it is a huge challenge at times but that damn Barry Manilow song is running through my head......Ya know the one...Looks like we made it!


So we took a trip with our best friends Kimberly and Jason to Mexico in 2000. On that trip Kim and me were both trying to get pregnant with our second child. We bet a giant cheese cake to the person who got pregnant first. Well I got pregnant first and that bitch still owes me a cheese cake ten years later. I had Cole February 22, 2001. He was by far my easiest birth. They could tell he was big so they started my labor early and gave me drugs before I felt a thing. Popped that kid out in 15 minutes with no pain and full makeup. He is the only one that I don't look half bad in the pictures. Now Blake was a small blonde hair blue eyed baby when he came out. This one came out chunky with a full head a black ass hair. Not what I was expecting. He kind of resembled a Mexican and he was conceived in Mexico......thank God there were no black out nights from that trip. Truth be told he looks just like my Dad's side of the family.


So we decided we were done after two even though I really wanted a girl. We were at a forth of July party in 2002. Cole had just started walking and had takin a header right into the concrete.
Someone there said are you done???? I replied Hell ya! After the party we had a few friends back to our new house in Frisco TX. While on the front porch sucking down jello shots my friend Janice says she needs to go home. I'm like why???? She tells me it's her time of the month and she feels like shit. A little light bulb goes off in my head.....we cycle at the same time....WHY the hell don't I have my friend????? I don't think that much more about it because I'm on the pill. Granted I started my pill four days late and doubled up. I have done this since I was eighteen so no worries. Nother Jelly shot please! The next morning I wake up in a panic. Janice is coming over to watch my kids because I have to work. I call her to pick up a pregnancy test on her way over. I go in bathroom take the test, come out with my pants still undone crying. I'm standing there with a positive pregnancy test in hand. Sad thing is I first call my boss.......My exact words were I'm puckin pregnant and I'm going to late. By the way my boss was the person who asked me if I was done the night before. Anywho, I call my doctors office next to ask if its possible that I'm really PG. The nurse says if your holding a positive test chances are it's right.







At this point I'm pacing around my dinning room table thinking things like how are we going to afford another one. What will I do about work, daycare, and sanity. Next I call Hub's. I tell him I'm PG again. What does he do.....He hangs up on my ass after telling me he doesn't have time for this shit. In his defence he totally thinks I'm messing with him since we just told a bunch of people we were done the night before not to mention all the Jello shots I did. My friend Janice calls him and tells him I'm very serious and he really hurt my feelings. He calls me back in a panic telling me we can't afford another. Me I have mixed emotions I think this is God giving me that little girl I always wanted. Pink, bunnies, hair bows, cute dresses, and more pink is running through my head.






So I finally get to work two hours later. I'm selling furniture at the time. The overhead is screaming every five minutes that I have a phone call. I have a bunch of family call me and tell this is a good thing it's your girl. My Dad...aka...Grump calls he tells my his friend Larry just asked him today if I was done and my Dad said yes! He got to work and got this phone call. Weird right?????

So anywho, On Halloween my favorite holiday I'm finding out the sex of the baby. My parents are in so they go with me. Now my group of doctors have known from the first, the second and this one that I have wanted a girl. We do the thing and the Doctor is very quiet. I look at him and say do you see the sex????? He replies yes. WELL????? I almost think he is afraid to tell me it's another boy. Now I have come to every appoinment screaming God wanted me to have a girl and this is why I'm PG with a one year old. He finally tells me it's another boy. At first I feel sad No pink again. WTF, I'm a girls girl I'm supposed to have a girl. Then reality checks in and I'm just happy that the baby boy looks healthy. Aidan was born Febuary 21th one day before Cole's second birthday. My Twisted sister was in the delivery room with me. We got in trouble from the Doctor for laughing while pushing.





All day they monitored Aidan's heart rate, which went up and down all day. While delivering him the doctor told me to stop pushing. The cord was wrapped around his neck, which is why his heart rate went up and down all day. He came out not looking like my other two at all. WTF, thank God there is no question who the father is. I don't have much time with him because after they roll me out to get my tubes tied so this doesn't happen again. While on the table I babble so much the doctor decides to knock my ass out. I guess I can be a bit annoying at time.


Anywho, 15 years of marriage and we have done a lot together. Three less than perfect kids. Three houses, three fights....LOL, lots of great memories and lots more to come. I often think what like would be like without these people I live with. We won't go there because remember I have an over active imagination and it sounds really good. Bottom line is I would do few things different but wouldn't change the people I live with. Happy Anniversary Hub's. Sorry for spelling mishaps and bad grammar this girl is to tired to check.

1 comment:

Janice said...

What about the damn chair I had to buy your ass 'cause Aidan was a boy and not a girl?!?!
Love this post and love sharing a lot of these moments with you guys! :)