Saturday, January 15, 2011

George Strait

If you can believe it I have no pictures to go with my post. Last night Hub's and I headed to the George Strait concert with another couple. Hub's made me leave my camera behind. I kind of felt naked. We all had a great time. The highlights were seeing people being taken away on stretchers. I'm not really a country music fan so this was all about people watching for me. I'm just glad I was not one of the drunks that fell on my ass and had to be taken away. At the end of the night not one of the four of us was in the condition to drive. We took a cab home. At least we know at our age not to drink and drive. While at the concert my Dad.....aka....Grump had flown in from Chicago with my brother...aka....lost in translation. I remember in the cab thinking the Grump is at my house. I must act straight. I don't know why at forty I still don't want to disappoint him. I think I play it cool. At one point I'm in the kitchen trying to have a totally intelligent non slurring conversation with him. I still think I'm doing just fine. Of course showing up in a cab should have been my first clue that he's got my number. I walk the Grump upstairs to put him to bed, so I could have that extra beer I need. He hands me two big ass bowls of cookies, some Fannie May candy, and popcorn from my Mom.....aka....the food pusher. While walking down the stairs one of the bowls of cookies topples over. PUCK, is what's going through my head. I just hope the Grump has not heard this. Cookies everywhere! So my Brother and I scramble to get the hairy cookies that we will feed to the kids put back in the bowl.







The next day I wake up and that damn Britney Spears song is playing over and over in my head. Ya know the one "oops I did it again". In my defence this MaMa don't get out much and when I do I try to act like I'm still in my twenties. Well actually I probably get out more than I should but who's counting? I always seem to forget that I'm getting to be an old ass and my body gives me the big Puck You after a night like this. I miss my kids game. So I'm laying in bed feeling like Mom of the year. Guilt is a big issue for me and I got lots of it when something like this happens. I finally get up at 11am look in the mirror and scare the shit out of myself. The Grump is in the kitchen making coffee. I walk out and he tells me we were all feeling pretty good when we walked in last night. Yep, my tails between my legs like a HS girl who just got caught with her pants down. He says he wants to take us to lunch. I say sure, not telling him that the thought of food makes me want to puke.









Later in the day my Brother and I head to Cost Co. While in the car belting out a Katy Perry toon I realize I want to be Katy Perry, I'm totally serious people! The only thing I would change about being her is I would not be married. No offence to Hub's of course. BTW, going to be married for fifteen long years this month. Yeah for me! Then I panick because I think I have butt dialed someone. This would not be the first time I have butt dialed someone while belting out a toon at the top of my lungs. I was cheated ya know. I really was supposed to be a rock star. Thank God I didn't butt dial this time. Hate that Iphone sometimes. While in Cost Co I realize I will never go back there on a Saturday again. The place was packed and the people with carts were annoying as HELL. They act like their the only people in the store. We finally check out and are headed to the door. There is the family of 25 in front of us lolly gagging away in front of us. I say......Come on, move your ass. When one of the twenty five people in front of me turns around to give me the stink eye. I think to myself.....Did I really just say that out loud????? That was suppossed to stay in my head. Anywho, My Grump is here for a few days. I think he has had a great time so far. All he has done is watch football and drink beer! Stay tooned for more to come from La La land soon. Twisted Sister and the little jerk fly in Monday!

No comments: