Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Strays

I woke up to get ready for work. Aidan who was supposed be at sleep over came home early. I guess he wanted to have a sleep over with the dog. He's a little bit of a home body, I hope he gets over this soon. Mama needs a break!


I come home from work for a break and my Brother....aka....the greatest brother ever, cleaned my whole house. What a nice break this was. Little does he know all his hard work will be for nothing. These people will come in and tear this house up in no time.



I pull up from work and Cole is in the front yard trying to get this little dog on a leash. I walk up to him and ask what's up with the dog??? He says it's lost and Dad won't let it in. He tells me he does not want the dog to get hurt so he is staying with him till the owner comes by. I'm thinking Hub's has brought home a few stray dogs....oops I mean friends in our younger years. Who is he to say the dog can't come in. There was a time when one of his friends would get thrown out by their girlfriend. Guess who would get a Jack ass house guest that was kicked out for good reason staying with them indefinitely??? You guess it ME! So is he really going to turn a dog away. I come in and tell him....this is my house and the dog stays or you go. Well not really, I had Cole walk in first to make sure Hub's was not in the kitchen. Coast is clear so we run through the kitchen and put him in the yard.



Now the dog is not being very smart. He keeps looking in. It's a matter of time before Hub's spots him. I'm sitting at the island trying to make a sign to the dog to go hide. Of course he's a dog he doesn't get it. This just makes him scratch at the door. Hub's walks in the kitchen right past the door complaining about the dog Cole tried to bring in. Stray dogs always seem to end up in front of our house so this is not our first time with one. I think I have brought in at least nine that I can remember, plus a cat once. He is standing at the sink telling us stray dogs could bite us or they could have rabies, diseases, fleas, etc, etc, etc. All the sudden the dog takes a leap for the door trying to get in. OMEGosh, cats out of the bag or the dog for that matter. He looks at the door and then he looks at me with much love and admiration....HaHa Well not so much but it sounds nicer.


Caught a picture of his face when he spotted the dog. KERRRRRRYYYY WHYYYYY is the next thing that came out of his mouth. WHAT was I supposed to do leave the baby in the dark street????? WERE NOT KEEPING IT.....is the next thing out of his mouth. Then all the rabies, fleas, disease, crap is flying out of his mouth. The kids are now arguing with him that our dog needs a friend and all their friends have two dogs, why can't we. Hub's says there will be only one dog in this house and that's final. Cole pops up with the...there's four against one here. I tell Hub's I'm switching his name to Grump. Cole asks Hub's why everything is up to him. Then Hub's gets this look in his eye, I know what he's about to say and I'm not a fan of this statement at all. Here it comes he belts out with the famous....... who pays for this house. Well shall we salute your paying for this house ass when we come in.....is what's in my head. I say who do you think runs this palace and keeps all the knights taken care of in this house you pay for???? THAT would be me, sometimes I'd rather being paying for the place rather than keeping it running smoothly.


Anyway this dog was wreaked havoc on this house in it's short time here. I get on facebook and post a picture of the dog. Cole lets our dog out to hang out with our new found friend. Next thing I know Cole comes in crying because the dogs don't like each other. In the meantime within minutes of posting his picture on facebook the owner is found. All this fuss for nothing. By the way I know the owners, I thought this dog looked familiar.



After we get the dog back I make the kids some cheese sticks for dinner. Mom of the year dinner over here fer sure. Who would have thought that cheese sticks could cause another all out brawl in this place. Lets just say I live with a bunch of cheese stick counters. If someone gets an extra one their going to let you know about it. I want to take one of these cheese sticks and stick it where the sun don't shine. I take a deep breath and take care of yet another ridiculous fight. These people are really driving me to my breaking point.
While talking to Mom.....aka......Debbie on the phone she has moved on to bad animal stories. I guess she ran out of bad people stories. First she tells me about a chihuahua that almost got snatched up by a white tailed eagle. The good thing is the owner was screaming and fighting the eagle and the little dogs coat saved its life in the long run. You would think that one would only know one bad animal story per day, Not Debbie. Next there was somebodies pet ferret that ate seven fingers off a baby. Wait there is another bad animal story. There is a lady who owns a dog clinic and a young man stole a 1700 dollar Yorkie out of it. They are super worried this young man will not know how to take care of this high maintenance doggy. Grumps went home today and I was sad. My Brother is staying for a while longer. My twisted sisters plane is delayed so it looks like I'll be heading to the airport around midnight. I can't wait to see Ella....ake...the little jerk who stole my Grump. More to come from LaLa land later.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

It wasn't a white-tailed eagle...do those even exist? It was a freaking owl. Get your shit straight Barbie!