Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend warrior

It's been a few days since my last post. I haven't had the MOJO to write. Not that I can really call this writing. So Friday I hung out in the place I hang out in a few days a week. The morning was alright because someone who I will refer to as "initials guy" was there. At least I had someone to chat with instead of being left alone with my own crazy mind. The afternoon I read at least ten magazines. I am becoming a wealth of information....some good, some I really didn't need to know. Since I have been on my yoga kick again an article about it peaks my interest. It is a stress reducing article. Caption reads.....Try a yoga facial. A simple yoga move called the Lion pose can help loosen the tight muscles that make you look stressed. It tells you to sit on the floor, legs folded, with your palms on your thighs. Take deep breaths while you lift your chest and neck to the sky. Here's where it gets a little coo coo. Stick out your tongue out and move your eyes up and down. Now shift your eyes left to right and roar like a Lion.....Repeat 5 times.


I find myself asking that question......who comes up with this shit, I mean really. I bet whoever did is sitting back with a cocktail in hand. They are laughing thinking about how stupid all the assholes doing this must look. One of those assholes is me of course. Though after the second "ROAR" I realize I must look like a total asshole. More importantly what an asshole I feel like. I think I will stick to things like downward dog and proud warrior. Told you I should not be left alone with my mind. I might take a guess that a few people reading this might be tempted to try this. Don't you really do feel like an asshole.

Saturday morning I sleep in. It is the first Saturday since I can remember not having to take one these people to a game. I cleaned out my laundry room. I found things in there I didn't even know I had! I emptied the whole place out and started over. I have kind of been on a kick of getting rid of useless crap lately. Since I can't seem to reinvent myself, I guess I will settle for my house. Now I am thinking wouldn't it be nice if we could empty out ourselves and put back the things we want to keep and get rid of all the unwanted crap. I would defiantly get rid of my over active mind and trade in in for something like a stoners mind.

Sunday I cleaned out the pantry. Once again I emptied the whole place out and started over. I did find something in there that I did not recognize and will not talk about. Watch out people I'm on a roll. Now I'm am thinking I wish we could empty out all the stuff on ourselves that is making us feel expired. I have to say I kind of feel like a weekend warrior.

I watched the music awards with my thirteen year old and Hub's. What a great show. Blake bitched and moaned about all the awards he did not think Beiber deserved. I say he is jealous. I was in awe of how great all those bitches looked. Jealous of course. Hub's re lived his younger years when he got up and sang word for word with Bon Jovi. Jealous of course. Blake all the sudden refers to one of the bitches as hawt. We get into a little tiff over this. Having three boys I have done my best to brain wash them into being respectful of women. I don't think referring to a women as hawt is respectful of women, it sounds ridiculous coming out of a thirteen year old mouth. I tell him he should say she is beautiful, pretty or cute. As I am saying that I think I wouldn't really mind if someone refereed to me as hawt and not hawt for my age either. That ruins it for some reason. Then the Backstreet boys and New Kids.....wow, just wow. I even had to sing along for that. Hub's ruined it for me when he got up and started trying to dance like them. Not a pretty sight. Then Blake ruined it even more when he said they looked like a bunch of old dudes. I thought they were aging gracefully. I think one of the Backstreet boys was missing though. Anywho I survived another weekend with these people. I only had to flush the toilet behind them a few hundred times, pick up after them a few hundred times, and repeat myself a few hundred times. I even picked a thorn out of the bottom of a foot. WEEKEND WARRIOR fer sure!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: