Friday, November 26, 2010

Universe leave me alone!

So today the day after Thanksgiving I go to hang out in the place I hang out in two days a week. Sad that "initial guy" is off today, so no one is there to occupy my time. I spend most of the day looking for pictures of my Grandma for her funeral. I'm in tears most of my day remembering all the great times I had with her. I tell you one of my greatest memories of her is when we would walk in her house and her eyes would just light up when she saw my kids and me. I can't believe I will never walk in her house again to find her waiting for us. She was by far the sweetest person I ever knew.



I go home after being at the place I hang out in all ready to fly out to Shy Town. Aidan tells me he does not feel well. I don't believe him because he has been sick twice just recently. This kid rarely gets sick. Well hello he has a 104 temp! I'm thinking really UNIVERSE leave me the puck alone.....and yes I know my spelling is bad but PUCK is my nicer way of saying the F word.





So my flight is delayed do to a sick kid that can not function without his Mom. I pray that he will be back to normal tomorrow so I can go. What do we do since we won't be flying out????? We watch Oprah. Now the funny thing is I record Oprah everyday and my kids love her. I came home on Monday and my 13 year old said......."you are not going to believe what
Oprah did".....I laugh out loud! I love that when I'm not home they are watching O! So I recorded Oprah's favorite things shows. My baby who is sick on the sofa says can we watch some TV? I say sure being a TV junkie. I ask what he wants to watch and he says's Oprah. I tell him we have Oprah's favorite things recorded and he gets really excited. We watch both favorite thing shows. The little guys crack me up. On the first show they want to know why we can't get on that show. They come up with ways I can get on the show. Then they want to know why all the stuff is more for girls even though there are boys in the audience. They are really excited about the 3-D TV. They are disappointed when they hear her say it is her last year and realize they will never get on the show. The black eyed peas come on at the end and Cole says...I think the African American guy is super cool.





We put on the second give away show to compare which is better. The first thing she brings out is an Ipad. It cracks me up when these two are jumping around as is they just won one. They are so excited for the people. When she brings out Garrets popcorn they realize that Grandma brings them this and they can't believe they have had the popcorn that Oprah loves. They are now yelling...Go Grandma, you are just like Oprah! They once again say most of the stuff is for girls.....what about the guys Mom????? What cracks me up is when she had the singers on Cole said I don't like that one guy. I'm thinking the old guy...he says I don't like that Josh guy but I love Johnny Mathis cause he has cool hair. Well Ok that's not what I expected to hear. When they found out she gave away bugs...which are punch bugs in our car rides...they went off the deep end! I hate these cars because they make my car rides awful since the the punch bug game. This is a total excuse to punch each other without getting in trouble. Hey Universe we want to go on the Oprah show!

No comments: