Monday, November 8, 2010

Stalking!

Friday night Hub's and I headed to the Broken Spoke for a 4H benefit. This place is your typical Texas country honkie tonk bar. GREAT people watching. They had a silent auction that was not silent at all. It was so much fun too watch. You get cards that you held up if you want to bid. In the midst of my excitement I raised my hands in the air and almost paid 5000 dollars for a guitar. If I'm going to spend 5000 grand I want to go in the shop. Though after watching the housewives of Hollywood I'm rethinking that thought.

Kevin Fowler put on a kick ass concert for this event. I'm not a huge country music fan but he put on a damn good and entertaining show. It just reaffirmed my thought that I want to be a rock star. If I could only sing.


I love this picture with the word "BROKEN" next to his head. I would love it more if my face was next to the "BROKEN" sign.

Towards the end of the night I realize that Wes from the bachelor pad is in the house. Being the TV junkie that I am I know exactly who he is. I'm so excited I spend the next 45 minutes stalking him trying to get a picture, calling and texting two of my friends who are also TV junkies. I can't really get a good shot so I finally go up and ask if I could get his picture. It brings me back to my younger years of being just a little bit gitty about a guys. I first ask him for a shot on my I phone so I can send my TV junkies the picture. I then ask Hub's to get a shot of him and me because no one is going to believe this shit. Now Hub's is a total trooper and takes the picture. He is most annoyed that we are on date night and I have spent the last 45 minutes stalking a reality TV star. He is even more annoyed when I spend the ride home texting between Sharri and Jen about my stalking night.

All weekend Aidan is in a soccer tournament. They make him the goal keeper for half the game. BTW, he had five games between Saturday and Sunday.

He looks too damn cute as the goal keeper.

I have to say even though Aidan is an awesome soccer player I was a little worried because of his height. He is playing up.....Do you hear me tooting my horn right now??? I thought for sure those balls were going to go right over his head. Not so much it's like the kid grew wings and caught every ball but one.

In between Aidan's games I have to run Blake to his referee job. Usually I drop and run. When I get there I realize he is refereeing my secret crushes kids game. What do I do I stay and stalk. I will not say who my secret crush is. Many of you who read this know exactly who he is. Let's just say he is a TV star who lives in my part of the woods. I call Hub's to gush about this and it almost sends him over the edge since I was just stalking the night before. After Blake is done we have to wait out there for some friends to drop off Cole. Now I'm not complaining at all because secret crush is right next to us hanging out. Once again I am brought back to my younger years of trying anything to get this secret crush to look my way. I know damn well this is obnoxious and ridiculous but damn he is good looking! Not like I could ever land this plane so all in fun! BTW, I really do love Hub's but I am not dead.....just sayin!






Later that night I'm on the phone with my Mom...aka...Debbie Downer. Debbie is on a roll tonight I can't even keep up with all her stories. She is first telling me about some girl who died at the Palmer house sliding down a banister. She moves on to the guy that fell at the Notre Dame game and died. Then she is talking about my twisted sister taking an upcoming trip. She goes on to tell me how women should not travel alone. From there she goes on to talking about all the nuts in the world. She is then talking about all the college girls that have been killed. Then she is talking about my cousin who got fake contacts for Halloween and how she could go blind. All that's going through my head is "WHAAAA WHAAA WHAAA! Now Debbie is not computer savvy so she does not know I talk just a wee bit of shit on here about her. For all you computer savvy relatives, please keep it on the down low. The women still scares the shit out of me when she is mad. I love her dearly but this is crap I just don't need to know. Yes, people even at forty she stills scares the crap out of me!!!!!




Any who, Monday rolled around. I got up and could not go back too bed because I was going to get my hair did. While in the chair I'm thinking damn look at those bags under my eyes! WTHELL with the florescent light in a BEAUTY salon! Now I'm for the "GREEN" way of life but not at all for fluorescent in my beauty salon, dressing rooms, or in my house! Ignorance is bliss for God's sake.




I pick up the kids from school and a few friends come home with us. The kids just got their new school pictures. I'm changing out my frames and I keep all the years past behind the current picture. While I'm changing them the kids are all around me because they like me. I don't know why they like me because I really don't like kids. I'm showing them Cole and Aidan's past pictures and telling them how much they have changed. All the sudden Cole gets down beside the island and is giving me the cut throat sign. He is embarrassed, it brings me way back to when Debbie and the grump embarrassed me...mostly Debbie. I stop showing the pictures. The biggest reason is I can't afford therapy for this one! While I'm changing the pictures, Cole's friend tells me he made a bad face in his picture. He goes on to tell me he has to take a re-take and his Mom was madder than a hornet. I laugh out loud for sure, I'm just glad that I'm not the only hornet out there.



We are doing homework later that night, which is not my favorite time of the night. Cole asks me if I am coming to his Thanksgiving lunch in the am. I say of course I am, I never miss anything. He then takes me back to when he was in second grade and I missed one event the whole year. He is telling me how I was supposed to go check out his work and I was MIA. He then tells me he sat there by himself with tears in his eyes. Then some Mom who looked liked me but with a different face walked up to him and said...Do you want me to look at your work since your Mom is not here??? I traumatized my child and I had no idea! I see therapy in our future.





While doing homework Cole says to me...when we were in Chicago this summer is that the last time time I'm going to see great Grandma alive? I am taken back because it is probably the last time since she is so sick. I don't even like to think of her not being around. I tell him it may be but we are lucky we got to go for so long and see her a lot on our visit. The sweetie pie says's to me that he does not even know what her favorite color is, her favorite food, or her favorite thing. This pretty much brings tears to my eyes. He asks me if I could call my Dad..aka...Grumpa and ask him if he knows what her favorite things are. I call my Grumpa and he answers all his questions he then jokingly says that her favorite thing was him. Cole says....... I knew Grandpa was her favorite thing.



I seemed to have survived the nasty virus that over took my house last week. What can I say except I am a rock star. I wish I didn't spend six days obsessing about getting it. My Dad may be right when he tells me not to worry about things till they happen. I just can't get my mind to think that way.

No comments: