Sunday, November 14, 2010

The dreaded X-mas list

So many times while driving these people around I come across something like this. A stone roadrunner cemented on the top of someones mailbox. I think to myself "ONLY IN TEXAS". I'm going to start carrying my camera around so I can photograph this craziness. I seem to see a dead animal on the side of of road on a daily basis. I think one of the funniest things I have seen is a truck driving by with a few Mexican women sitting in lawn chairs in the bed. Sometimes I wish I could be driving in a lawn chair in the back of the truck. It would save me from the headache of the bickering people in my car.
Cole went to a birthday party at a paint ball place. He was really nervous and tried to back out. He was afraid it was going to hurt. He did not want to cry in front of his friends. I told him heck yeah it hurts.....secretly hoping he would hate it. This is not my first rodeo with paint ball places. Blake and his friends like to go a lot. It's an expensive hobby. I go to pick him up and he loved it! SHITTTTTTTT! Not another one! He now wants his own gun and to go back next weekend. All this means for me is my boots are on hold again because of these people.

Damn it they started the dreaded X-mas list again. I do love in this picture where Aidan signs his name......Aidan Cavender....in Texas. I assure him that Santa knows exactly where he is......Santa gave birth to you for God sakes. I'm ready for these people to know I am Santa, so I can blame the economy for cheap gifts and get those boots.
See in this picture...... it is day one for the list and he is already on list three. He keeps changing his mind. I blame the Internet one hundred percent for this. What happened to the good old days where the Toys R us big book was the only thing kids could get their list from.

While getting the kids school bags ready for "thank God tomorrow is Monday". I come across a paper from last week. I see my initials but they are not mine next to Wednesday. I call Aidan in and ask him if he signed my initials. He says yes. I ask why would you do that???? He tells me because you forgot. Well Damn kid you need to know how to do this! When I was a kid you kept a copy of your parents signature under your mattress. You went over it 500 times in black ink and then traced it perfectly on to your school paper. Now it did not give him my trade secret but I did tell him he cannot do this. He told me he would have gotten in trouble for not getting it initialed. Wow at seven they punish you for having the lazy ass parent that didn't go through your work???? Just doesn't seem fair...I tell him just remind me to sign while doing your homework and we should not have any more forging incidents.

More on line shopping!!!! Holy crap six weeks of this. I really want to go back in time where they did not know how to on line shop. Damn you can google anything and find things you would have never known existed.
So Aidan in the kitchen on line shopping and Cole is in the office on line shopping. I am toast and so are those boots I want.

This one... what can I say....except.....WHO THE HELL ARE YOU??? I'm not talking about the dog either. I'm tired of him thinking he is the third parent in this place. I'm tired of him thinking I am his friend and not his Mother. I'm tired of him thinking he knows all!!! Most of all I'm tired of him saying OK, OK, before I get done with what I am saying.
While writing this blog I see this paper sitting next to my computer. I glance at it and think I need to add this. It is on line X-mas list shopping at its finest. Notice while writing this list there are the words "FREE SHIPPING"......and...."CLEARANCE ITEM". REALLY????? This is what my next six weeks is going to be like....Puck you Internet!!!! Puck is my knew would for FUCK... it just seems nicer!

So I'm taking my make-up off and pulling my chin back to where it should be Hub 's ask me what's this. He pulls up his PJ pants to show me a red circle on his leg. I tell him....Ummmm that would be ringworm. Really....he says. Yes, I know my fungals. He then goes into the drawer of meds and pulls out a spray can and sprays his leg. I look at him and say.....What are you doing????...That is for shafting. He pretty much doubles over from laughing and says....what you mean is chafing. I say your damn lucky I don't know what "Chafing" is! Anywho another post from the peanut gallery or as I like to call it Laaa, Laaa, land.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

OMG! I have laughed so hard and boy I needed to today.

Love and miss you!!!