Friday, May 24, 2013

A quick overview of "May is almost over".

 So I have been blogged out as bloggers will say! Back when no one read this I had plenty to say. So my first picture is where I am supposed to be living this July! The builder is a little behind. Some being our fault and some being a booming housing market in Austin. Because our housing market is booming it's hard to get workers. You wait weeks to get things done you normally could get done in days. About two months ago they told us it would be September instead of July. I came to terms with that kicking and screaming. The other day I went to lunch with a friend. After lunch we went to the lot. The builder was out there. I said..."So we will be in by September right, I'm having a huge Halloween party in October". "Not to mention our lease is up and we have no where to go". He looks at me funny and says..."Have you talked to Mike...aka..Hubs?". I say.."everyday". He says..."I talked to him a few weeks ago and told him the end of Oct or maybe November". I stand there thinking "are you dry humping me????". I say..."He didn't tell me that". He goes into all the reasons we are pushed behind again........"custom house, lots of upgrades, lots of special work, hard to get workers...yada, yada, yada"!!!!!!!!! All I can think is I'm going to kill someone because this will be two years in a row with no scary Kerry Halloween party. This makes for a very scary Kerry! What do I do????? I call Hubs! I say..."So do you think we will still be in the house in September????". He says.."You never know but that's the plan". I say.."Really, I'm going to start planning my Halloween party". He says.."You may want to wait cause you never know with rain and all if it will push it back". I say.."Liar". He says.."What are you talking about?'. I say.."I saw the builder today". Silence, crickets! I say.."He told me he told you two weeks ago we would in fact not be in till after Halloween". He says,,,"Yep". I say.."When were you going to tell me??". He says..."Well I was thinking you were leaving in three weeks for Chicago, I would tell you then because you would be in your happy place and couldn't bitch at me all day". The funny thing is I laughed because I would have done the same thing. He may just be an evil genius like me!
 While we're on the subject of Hubs. I have to give him a shout out. The Friday before Mothers Day I got a call from his Mom. She was thanking me for flowers. I thought..."That's weird I didn't send flowers..I sent something else". Then I got a text from my Dad..aka..Grumps. He sent a picture of flowers.  I was in a meeting with Hubs picking out lighting for this pain in my ass house. After that I got a call. The guy said he left something at my door I needed to get right away otherwise I needed to have a neighbor get it. I'm telling Hubs and he spills that he sent his mom, my mom, and me flowers, for Mothers Day. OMG, 17 years of marriage....he finally heard me! What a great surprise for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that he thought of all us! We might just beat that unbelievable divorce rate if he keeps this up......even if he's holding vital information from me!
 So everyone has heard me talk about my perfect stoner dog. Dog is lazy as shit. Even likes to sleep more than me. Won't even get out of bed to see the kids off. He's always in bed when I get back from taking the kids. He looks so comfy he makes me want to go back to sleep. The other day I went to shop for these people. When I got home I expected to see Zig in bed. He sometimes doesn't even get up to greet me. Asshole! This particular day I walked into a dog party. He had a bunch of dogs over. They were up to no good. Something was going on that no mother wants to walk into. There was some butt sniffing going on. humping, shedding, and they had gotten into the treats! WTF.....really! I can't leave that dog alone for two minutes!
 May has been very interesting for me. Lots of Pinteresting dinners! Some too much work, others good. I have a love hate relationship with this Pinterest thing. Damn it I don't have the Pinterest clothes, the Pinterest house, I can't do the Pinterest crafts, I don't have a Pinterst Hottie, but I can cook a Pinterest meal!!!!! Thank you God for small things!
 I talked before on here how I dyed my ten year old kids hair bleach blonde. Yes, I may have lost my mind. Since he was the bat boy for the varsity baseball team and they all did it for the playoffs I caved. Give me a break. he's my third. My white flag is up. I'm lazy!  I messed it up while dying it. The bottom was still brown. I tried to convince him it was cool. He is anal like Hubs though. So I had to redo it. Don't think I didn't Email his teachers to explain this crap. I didn't want them to think I completely lost it and turned into Aunt Lulu!
 Cole was on a flag football team. Great season. They all had fun and played well. Shoot out to coaches "Greene team". I still owe them Trudy's and a beer.
Aidan after he dyed his hair started to really rock it in his baseball season. Pitched his first no hitter. Got a grand slam. Cracked me up when he said he knew he hit a grand slam and chucked his bat like the major leagues do it! Here is the problem......He thinks it's the hair! Now he wants me to dye his hair bleach blonde for every season. That would go over like a fart in church in this small town we live in.

Anyway, I have a mommy bragging moment. I'm not usually that mom. I'm usually the bitching one. Cole...aka...drama called me today at 11. He said.."can you come to school today??". I say..."when???". He says..."right now". I say..."crap, I just got out of bed". Go ahead and judge, you know you would be in bed if you could!!!! He says.."there is an awards thing at school". I say..."are you getting one?". He says..."No, but I thought you might come anyway". My heart broke. This kid is a great kid most of the time. Well mostly for other people. He NEVER EVER gets the award. Even in elementary when almost everyone gets one. His bother Pig Pen gets every award every year. I have more medals for him than I know what to do with. So I didn't think much of his call. I had to meet the builder with Hubs and stop by a friends with lunch. I got a text from Cole. It was a picture of an award. Then it said "most improved". I text back right away..."get out, I'm so proud". It was from all his teachers and he is the only one who got it! I got a text from one of his teachers later. It said..."I saw your baby in the hall showing his buddies his award, he was so proud, what a cutie, everybody loves him". My heart melted. I text back.."Thank you for being so good to him". She text back..""he is a great kid! All his teachers think so". Omg, do you know how good that feels???? I'm so proud.

Then there is the teenager. Teenagers are not in fact good for the soul. It's the end of school and the not so charming prince's grades are starting to slip. So we have the talk. He makes excuses and blames everyone but himself. He tells me he is passing and asks what I'm so upset about. I tell him some things are average and I expect him to be above average. He proceeds to tell me that we are in a way above average school district. He says he would be above average if he was in another district. Points out all his friends who are below him. I point out all the ones who are above him. Now here's the part that cracks me up. Back when he was in about third grade he got diagnosed with dyslexia. My mom was trying to make him feel better. She told him I was not the best student. Can't you tell by this blog????? Anyway, he can't remember where his shoes are or any of his shit. But by golly he remembers that my mom said I wasn't the greatest student so many years ago. He throws it in my face every time we talk about grades!!!!! I tell him I expect better than average for him even if I was average. I joke and tell him I got a sugar daddy, but it will be harder for him to get a sugar mama. He never gets my humor. Woe is me. I do know what I talking about because I'm old and wise like an owl!!!! Hoot, Hoot!

No comments: