Monday, April 2, 2012

What happened to lazy weekends????

 Sitting here thinking about what Saturdays used to be like. Staying up way too late on Fridays, sleeping in on Saturdays, and meeting friends for a late lunch. Not a care in the world. Of course those were the days before kids. No one tells you when you decide to grace the world with your offspring that your lazy social life is over. So Friday night it was early to bed at least for the kids. Me being a night owl can never sleep before midnight! We woke up Saturday morning scrambling to get ready for two baseball games and what I thought was one flag football game. During Aidan's first baseball game I get a call from my teenager who likes to be left behind for anything screaming family these days. He says..."when are you going to be home"? I say....."it's going to be a while". He tells me his hand is bleeding everywhere and he has no idea why. I'm like..."what do you mean???? How can you not know why your hand is bleeding everywhere"????? He says..."It just is". I call my neighbor Erin in a panic. I tell her to go over and I will be on my way. She calls me as I'm driving home. She says...."it's no big deal he just scratched his hand must have hit a vessel and it won't stop bleeding". She wrapped it up for him and let her daughter and her daughters friend stay there in case he bled out before I got there. I get home and he has a pin size hole in his hand. I look at him and say.."Are you kidding me?". He pulls out his iPhone because he videoed the bleed. I have to admit what ever he scratched had a blood squirt and did bleed a lot for that pin sized thing. I tell him I have to go to Aidan's second game and he is coming with me. He goes complaining  all the way there. I tell him your brothers have sat through every sport you ever played cheering you on....you need to support them too. So he goes but text messages the whole time we are there. Kids going to be sad later in life when he realizes he has skipped right over his life because his head was always in a phone.
 After two baseball games we head home to get Cole ready for his flag football game. We get home and Blake and Aidan say they don't want to go. I say they can stay home. While I'm freshening up my rode hard and put away wet ass in my bathroom Cole comes in crying. He looks at me and says....."I go to every ones games and support them and cheer for them and now they don't want to go to my game". Aidan has been in the sun all day at this point. BTW, kid never played baseball before this year and just happens to be lead batter! His coach told me he is natural. Bragging right now of course. Kids an over thinker I have always said that. Baseball is a thinking sport. Not to mention after every game he comes home and pulls up youtube videos on baseball and watches them for hours. Back to Cole. I tell Cole Aidan has been in the sun all day and needs a break. I tell him that Blake and I will be at his game for sure. I walk out and ask Blake to see me in the bedroom. I explain to him that Cole is upset and he has to go support him at his game. He argues a little. I say..."I'm the one who does everything for you and your going to do this one thing for me...or I will cut you off...and you don't want that". So Blake, Cole, and I head to Cole's game. I drop Aidan off at a friends house because he is too young to stay home alone. At his age I walked a mile home from school by myself and let myself in my house till my parents got home from work. Oh, how times have changed! We are now in the day an age of helicopter parenting. I swear we are setting these people up for failure in their future.


We get to Cole's game and its hotter than hell. Blake lays on the field with his shirt off not watching a thing. I'm hot as shit but I pretend to be totally into the game watching my watch the whole time. He does amazing. I know this because the coach told me so. After the game I'm like hell yeah it's over! The coach tells me they play two games every Saturday. I feel my heart sink and I guess my face showed it because he says.."go home I'll take Cole after the game". It takes me one second to agree to this. I walk over to Cole and tell we are hot and the coach will take care of you...we are going to HEB and heading home. He is so sweet and says.."that is fine". Not before he makes a comment about Blake tanning himself through the whole game and not watching it. I can't argue it is what it is. Blake and I high tail it out of there to HEB the local grocery store. I go in for a few things and come out 150 dollars later.
 After HEB we drive around Drip because my kids and Hub's want to sell our house and move on land. I like to drive around looking for potential lots. We drive right behind the Middle school because we see a for sale sign. I have to laugh maybe because I'm from Chicago. We come across this house. It is a normal every day house except there are goats on the porch as if they are dogs. There are ponies and donkeys roaming around the front of the house! Only in Drip would you see something like this!


Later that day Cole's coach calls Hub's. He tells him the second game that no one was there to support him he did awesome. The coach said there was other coaches taking notice of Cole and asking who he was. Damn it if that isn't a fine example of lazy parenting! Well shit I live my life guilty and this is yet another thing to feel guilty about.
 So Sunday...Cole had a sleep over that aged me another year. Those boys stayed up way too late. Cutting into my beauty sleep, Then they got up way too early once again cutting into my beauty sleep. The boys and I mean all of mine wanted to head to the lake Sunday morning. I had just come off interrupted sleep. I wanted to stay home to do laundry, buy veggies for my veggie garden, watch shit TV, and cook an awesome dinner. So that's what I did. Let me tell you I have thoughts of turning this blog into a cooking one. Those people make money on their blogs. I was watching shit TV while doing laundry. I watched the Chew and came across a great recipe that I made while they were gone. So anyway if you have a family more than two you get two chickens. While cleaning them out I was a little disturbed that one was missing organs in it's cavity. Anyway you rub the chicken down with olive oil. That sounds a little dirty. You season it with salt, pepper, and red pepper inside and out. You place red potatoes and onions all around it. You shove lemons up it's ass. You get your favorite tomato  sauce and put it around it. You add white wine then you drink the rest of the bottle. You get a can of chopped tomatoes and throw it over the top. Top with fresh rosemary. You cook it at 375 for and hour and a half. I basted it about every 15 minutes. It was delish!
While the boys were at the lake I worked in my garden. Once again I just bought a bunch of stuff and randomly planted it everywhere. I hope something comes up!
My knock out roses are looking good! It's starting to feel like spring around here. Tonight we had the pre qualifier for the district track meet. I know Blake made it for pole vaulting. Tonight he was competing for the 300 hurtles as well. He came in first in his race and qualified for tomorrows race. I'm so proud of him. Say some prayers for him. I would love to see him take first in both. I really want him to beat that middle school pole vaulting record too.

I have a great Debbie Downer story. I nicknamed my mom Debbie Downer. She was not a big fan of that. I now refer to her as positive Patty. So she calls me the other night. She is telling me how her and my Dad....aka...Grumps went out for some appetizers the other night. They were sitting next to this couple. She is telling about all the things this couple and them had in common. Then she starts telling my how this women's sister was murdered and her brother died in a tragic  accident. She tells me they had such a great time talking with them I say...."So you had a great time talking about dead people". She starts to laugh cause she knows I am WAAAA, WAAAA, WAAAAing her in my head. I got a Debbie Downer E-mail from her the other day. Apparently if you water your organs by drinking a glass of water before bed you have a lesser chance of having a heart attack or stoke. I wonder if beer counts as watering????

I have been working out consistently now for six weeks. I workout at least four to five days a week. Every time I finish I lift my shirt to look at my stomach. For some reason I think that fat is going to disappear. I have still not lost one pound. Starting to get a little pissed here!

No comments: