Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The In-laws come in for a visit

 My in-laws came to town this weekend. A lot of people call their in-laws the out laws. I'm lucky that I have such a good relationship with mine.  When I started dating Michael I was in my early twenties. I'm in my early forties now. We have almost been married half my life. I'm here to tell you that is not easy for anyone. I have said before in this blog remember what attracted you to the person you love in first place because marriage is not easy and not for the weak. This also means I have been with these in laws half my life. They have become as close to blood as one could hope. We had a bond right away. I think they thought  I was good for Michael. He was a bit of a bad boy when I met him. It took a lot of years to completely turn him but I think we are finally there. That or he is just too tired and old to be bad now. I have always had strong family values. I was a girl in Texas away from her close nit family. They were a close nit family that took me in right from the start. I missed my family and all the family parties and holidays spent together. These people filled that void for me. They took me in no questions asked and treated me like family. Of course we have had our ups and downs as any family would. We have all talked shit about each other a time or two but that is life. Bottom line is we all love and respect each other. Talking shit is a part of life. We talk shit about our kids, our family. our in laws, our spouses, and our friends. It does not mean we love them an less. Thank God our thoughts can not be heard. Think about it. I think most of us can say we are total shit takers. Sometimes it's because we are worried but sometimes it's just to judge and make ourselves feel better about ourselves, I swear people strive on drama...but that is just my opinion.
 Anyway, we headed to the bluebonnets, to take pictures with Mimi. What I love about my relationship with Mimi is we can talk honest with each other. I can tell her what bothers me about her son or her grand kids. She can relate being married for several years and raising four kids. She does not judge me on my frustrations with them. She will tell me if she agrees or disagrees. I can tell her if I think a movie star is hot and if ever given the opportunity I would rock their world. We kind of have the same taste in men. Like Taye Diggs.....God help the first one of us that gets him in a dark alley.  I say if I ever go down I'm going down in flames. Which means it is safe to say I'm never going down since Taye is not roaming around Drip.

 Michael probably had one of the greatest Fathers in the world. I do too. Our Fathers were fast fiends they got along great. Michael's dad's life was cut short. He died when my kids were pretty young. He was one of the most amazing guys I ever had met. We clicked right from the start. He is one of my all time favorite people I ever met.
Maybe it is because he loved me so much.  I can't put into words what an amazing man he was. I have great memories of him.  I sat with him a few times when he knew he was dying and everyone else was at work. It is a strange thing to sit with someone when they know. They tell you all kinds of things. Regrets, what they would do over, and most of all what they want people to know and remember. The biggest thing for him which he told me over and over is that he did not want the kids to forget him and remember what they meant to him. I know good and well that Blake remembers everything about him. The other two I have to remind and tell them stories. They were really young when he died. I think one of the things I remember is when I was pregnant with number three. I was not at all happy. We will just call him baby bud light. He would call me on his way home from work because he knew how I felt. He would check to make sure I was alright and ask if I needed anything. Truth be told at that time if I had to be pregnant....I wanted a girl. I dreamed of pink. He knew this and assured me this was my girl. Boy was he wrong, no pun intended. My parents and Michael's parents were in the room for the ultrasound when I found out it was another boy. I think my first reaction in my head was.....Another fricken boy are you kidding me. This was for sure my last shot of a world filled with pink shit. So what if I dress him in pink and put bows in his hair when no one is around!!!! Quit judging! I took it in an excepted it. Michael's younger brother and my younger sister had girls right out of the gate. I'm not bitter at all. Now that I have Aidan I wouldn't change one thing. Anyway, I sure do miss Michael's dad. I wish he was here to see all the things the kids are doing. Maybe once in a while I wish he was here to throw a little whoop ass on them. I know one thing, he would be really proud of them. It makes me sad I feel that they got cheated not being able to have him longer.


The boys crazy love having a camera in their face constantly. Sometimes they start to act up. They kind of act like complete and total jack asses. See here this would be Blake farting in Aidan's face. Cole is making that WTF motion.
I think this should be my Christmas card! I'll show the little smart asses. Does anyone get why I love a cold beer yet????
They don't get it if they would just cooperate things would go way faster.
While going through my pictures I came across this one. See the butterfly next to Blake's head??? Pretty cool.
My sister in law came too. When I started dating Michael she was a year older than what Blake is now. Scary thought! My how time flies. See that little shit ass grin on Aidan's face????? He is putting a bluebonnet between his legs as if it's his #@$%#!!!!!! Really?????? I have know idea where he gets his sick sense of humor. The things I put up with. I had lots of fun catching up with Lindsey. Both nights we stayed up way too late solving the worlds problems. The weekend went fast.

I feel like I haven't seen my friends, my core group forever. I feel bad. I feel like I have been a bad friend lately. Truth is I have just been busy as shit!!!!!! With these people I live with of course. All the practices and the games there is no time for me. One of my friends just started blogging!!!!! Good for her. Blogging is such therapy, it is a way to get all the bad shit out of your head! It is also a way to put all your bad shit out in the Internet world for people to judge. It is also a way to say....Hey I'm still here not so invisible as I feel at times. When your a "blogger" it is smart to write things down that you want to blog about. I can't tell you how many times I think of something great to say and can't remember it for the life of me even though I made a conscious effort not to forget it. I'm up late once again can't stop watching shit TV. I have a hair appointment in the am. I really want to reinvent myself and go red or brown. I bet I still come back a blonde. I have been a blonde most of my life besides the awful dish wash stage in my awkward years in middle school. Btw, what happened to the awkward stage???? I really don't see kids these days hitting that stage. I wait for it because sometimes it makes me smile to see other people go through the bad shit I did. I went on a little trip down memory lane recently. I thought maybe I wasn't as awkward as I felt. Yep sure was!!! There is no sugar coating those years. Wish I had one of the celebrity stylist in my pocket who would tell my what hair to have, what makeup to wear, and what not to wear. Oh wait, I have my sister...aka..Twisty for that!

No comments: