Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The truce is over!

Valentines Day has come and gone once again! Cole was really excited to get a Valentine from Brooke.
He was even more excited to give her the one he picked out for her. Notice I'm not saying anything about my Valentine. That's all I will say! You can fill in the blanks with something juicy or not so juicy.
I swear sometimes these kids make me want to SCREAM! Aidan had to fill out a worksheet this week about where all his family came from. Thursday I headed to a track meet and didn't get home till 9:30. Cole and Aidan were in bed when I got home. All the sudden I feel this little tap at my side. I look down and there stands Aidan with a typical Aidan face. This is a face he makes when he knows he is about to be in trouble. He says in his very soft spoken voice....Mom I need to bring some German food to school. Before I even get the words out of my mouth I think I'm going to kill him if he says tomorrow. Sure as shit he says tomorrow. I say....You can't tell me this kind of stuff at 9:30 the night before. He says.....But you were gone all night. I say....There is no way your teacher told you the day before. I tell him to go bed and that he will have to take a zero on this one. Blake my oldest would not think twice if I told him something like this. He would go back to bed and sleep like a baby. Aidan on the other hand is a perfectionist, an over thinker, and a worry wort. He goes back up to bed. A few minutes goes by and I hear this little crying voice calling Mom from upstairs. I go up and he is pleading with me to please send him with something. I tell him again that he can not pull this crap the night before. I explain that I have to work all day tomorrow which is going to make this impossible to happen. He cries and cries. Guess who feels guilty! That's right me! Even though I know I shouldn't, this is not my fault. So I go back downstairs. A few more minutes goes by, another tap at my side. Mind you this kid is supposed to be asleep by 8:30. We are now at almost ten. He now says....I need a picture! I say...OF WHAT!!!!!!! He says of our relatives that came from Germany, Ireland, or Poland! So what I'm thinking in my head is.......FUCKKKKKK, DO YOU WANT ME TO PULL THIS SHIT OUT OF MY ASS, I DON'T HAVE THAT! So I tell him I would have needed more notice for that too. I would have had to call on Grandma weeks ago for that. I tell him I do have a photo album of pictures from Germany. I lived there till I was almost two. I tell him that will have to do. Aidan is a detail kind of guy. He asks if there are any pictures of people in there that originated from Germany. I say...NO, but it will have to do. He is not happy. I want to say just lie and say one of the German people in the album is your relative that originated from there. I know I can't teach him that even though that would shut him up. I can be all for lazy parenting but I don't want him to think it's alright to lie. My guess is because he is an over thinking stress ball, he is not sleeping right now! He is probably stressing about all this. The sad thing is SO AM I.




Don't be feeling sorry for the little shit! Monday night he came down after he was supposed to be in bed. I got the little tap with the pathetic face. He said....Mom I'm the star of the week. I say....Because it's your birthday this week? He says...Yes, but I need like six pictures of me doing stuff I love. Night before once again after nine. Now I don't know about you but since digital camera's came out I don't have snap shots lying around. Oh yes and the printer isn't working. So I find myself scrambling for pictures of him. I did have a few soccer prints. So I pretty much sent him with three soccer prints from the same day, a thank you card I had made on shutterfly with his picture on it, I took two pictures out of frames, and made this work. Not what I would have done if I HAD ANY NOTICE! Now my Mom and Dad are visiting at this time. My Dad has no tolerance for this but my Mom is always feeling bad for him and trying to solve his self inflicted problems. Just a side note....She never did that for me. It's amazing how they change when they are Grandparents! I would have loved to grow up with this women who makes an excuse for every off the wall thing these kids do.
This week was Cole and Aidan's birthday. I know it's lazy parenting to make them share a cake and a party most years. It is what it is though. If Aidan had been a planned pregnancy I would have not planned on his birthday being the day before Cole's. How does that happen anyway??? Wait don't answer that!
Aidan ends up crying, to tell you the truth I don't even remember about what. I just know I'm trying to get a....."you can cry on your birthday if you want too"....picture. As I'm doing this he starts to laugh.
Mom...aka...positive Patty and Dad...aka...Grumps always come in right between my birthday, Cole, and Aidan's to celebrate. Let me just say I don't really like sharing my month with them but is is my fault for sure. Planned pregnancy comes to mind. What I love is with my Patty and my Grumps comes Garrett and Lou. When I say this it means Garrett's Popcorn and Lou Malnati's pizza. Two of Chicago's famous things. My Dad laughs because I horde these things like a five year old when they bring them. I hide them. I get mad when these people I live with find them and try to eat them. I'm selfish like that. My parents bring them for me because they are my favorites and I want them all to myself! This usually goes over like a fart in church and I have to share.
I can't tell you how many times Grumps says....Kerry, I don't know how you do this! Guess what neither do I! Someday I just hope they will read this and buy me some great convertible.
Seriously?????? These people I live with are driving me crazy. So many times I want to hold up that white flag. I don't I keep going, cleaning behind them, taking them to practices, watching their games, finding their shit, doing their laundry, getting them up, keeping up with their stuff, solving their problems, listening to them fight, watching them make asses out of themselves, and so on and so on!
On Aidan's birthday hub's had a work dinner. I told Aidan we could go out to eat and he could pick the place. BTW, this kid argued hard with me about going to school on his birthday. He found it most unfair that he had to do things like math on his birthday. Even though I kind of agreed I made him go. Anyway Aidan wanted to go to Freddie's steak burger place for his night. As much as I'm trying to lose weight having kids will never allow this. I took him, his friend, and my kids there. We ate like pigs!
Yes, we got desert too! The funny thing is. He said don't tell them it's my birthday. He said he did not want to be embarrassed if they sang to him. In the next sentence he says well maybe you can tell them. A kid after my own heart. He secretly likes to be the center of attention. So we sing and he acts like he hates it smiling the whole time.
With birthdays comes cupcakes for classrooms and on-line shopping. I have a real beef with on-line shopping. These kids today find shit on-line that would have never known existed. This is a thorn in my side for sure. If I had to do it over again I would be an Internet free home. They call me in the office to show me all the shit they find on-line and want me to magically put in my credit card so it will appear on my porch in a few days. Bullshit I say! The sad thing is lazy parenting kicks in at times and I buy the crap to shut them up. The picture above is a present Aidan got from his friend Jett. I always go up before I go to bed to see how much more I love these people when they are asleep. I had to laugh at this. When I looked at it, it reminded me of me. The babies are sleeping soundly and I look like a crazed bug eyed person not being able to sleep. For I'm thinking of all the on line shopping and all the shit that needs to get done! I am that bug eyed freak in his bed.
So finally to my truce is over story. My friend Erin and I who watch "The River" together have been pranking each other on stuff that goes on, on the show. We have planted dolls everywhere you can imagine. She called a truce. But then gave me a scary nun doll for my birthday damn thing is watching me right now. I say the truce isn't over. She calls me Tuesday night to watch the show. On last weeks episode there were these awful leaches crawling on a few of the people. While watching it I felt almost sick to my stomach. I hate bugs more than anything. So I went to a fishing shop this week to buy big fishing leaches to throw in her bed. I go over to her house to watch the show. I have six big rubber leaches in my pocket. I'm just waiting for the right time to excuse myself to use the bathroom and throw the leaches in her bed. So half way through the show I say I need to use the restroom. I really don't but I go in there and flush anyway. Her powder bath is right next to her bedroom. I go to throw those rubber leaches in her bed and I find her son son in there reading. I look at him like a deer in head lights, I throw the leaches and say don't tell your Mom! He gives me a thumbs up. After the show I run home because I fear bugs hitting my face after the show. See I am running! I get a text from her daughter that says....I see what you did! I text back and say don't warn your Mom. She text back alright! I wait for a dramatic freak out from Erin. What I get is a text picture with the leaches in her hand that says....For every worm I found you earned yourself a hanging man. Not the "one upper" reaction I was hoping for! So sorry for miss spelling and bad grammar, after I write I'm too tired to proof read. My Mom hates this. I think she should step up and offer to be my ghost writer!!!!!

No comments: