Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FEBRUKERRY is in full swing.

You get to a certain age and your Birthday just isn't as much fun anymore. Especially since the one before it seemed to be a lot less than a year ago! You know what those old people say......Time flies. Damn those old people with their old ass sayings that have a way of ringing true! After 40 your gut seems to be about as big as your butt at least for me. Damn exercise is not getting the job done. I guess you have to eat right and exercise non stop. I seem to have a hard time grasping that. Never met a cheeseburger I didn't like. What I do do is sit around watching late night TV grabbing my gut bitching at it to go away as if it will listen!!!!! I really wanted to skip right over this one as if it had never happened. My friends were having no part of that. So we headed out to Trudy's for dinner.
My friend Robin had the whole table decorated for my birthday. She had bowls of rock candy that said Kerry Rocks. She had bowls of suckers that said 42 sucks. Bowls of blow pops that said 42 blows. Love all her hard work though she could have left off the 42. What if someone in the place thought I was younger!!!!! I kept waiting for the waiter to say....you don't look 42! Never happened! Robin recently quit her job. I think she is spending lots of time on Pinterest. She is turning into Martha Stewart and I loved my table. I got lots of great presents and had a great time.
They dressed my up so everyone would know it was my birthday. I do love to be the center of attention. Unfortunately I think those days are over.
Now if you read this blog you know that my friend Erin and I have been pranking each other. We watch "The River" together and try to recreate stuff that happened on the show. We have both been tormenting each other with dolls. Now let me just say this "one upper" called a truce. Then she goes and gets me a nun doll for my birthday. The truce is over and I have some "one upping" stuff up my sleeve. The nun ended up drunk and pregnant by the end of the night. Please God don't strike my down for having fun with the nun. I grew up Irish catholic and I fear making fun of this kind of stuff.
After Trudy's we headed to the nut for a little karaoke. Now I got there first in all my Birthday gear. The guy pulled me right up on stage to sing "shake that" I shook it all right and most of my friends missed it. Thank goodness for camera phones. They got to see it anyway. Erin who swears she never did karaoke gets right up and sings "Devil went down to Georgia" like a rock star. Not really like someone that had never sang karaoke before. I may be calling bullshit here.
We all had so much fun. The guy keeps calling me up to sing. I think because it was my birthday. The next day I think because I was easy to make fun of. I sang "summer loving" from grease with him. I thought I really nailed it until watching it on someones camera video the next day. It's a sad thing. The one thing in life I have always dreamed about is being able to sing awesome. I can't sing worth a lick. I'm really jealous of Katy Perry. I dream about being her. My songs would have slightly different titles though. They would be more like...I kissed my dog and I liked it, Baby I'm having a fire flash, In another life, I would not be a wife, My California girls are falling, I'm hot and I'm old (not "HOT", really hot), Last Friday night, I took a bath, read a book, and fell asleep, and Waking up wet...not the wet you are thinking! Maybe I need to re write some of her songs! Oh wait my Twisted sister would have a field day with that, never mind!
The later it got the more we all sang! The sad thing is we thought we were good.
Now there is a fifty dollar prize for the best singer. I thought for sure one of us was going home with it. Robin sings the beastie boys word for word! I was impressed. If for nothing else we were entertaining. Remember we are in the middle of Drippin Springs Texas.
I'm up again! This time I look up and there are five guys with their camera phone videos on me. It's kind of scary you know I ended up on their Facebook page. You know they were making fun of me.
So ten minutes before the nut is about to close this tool walks in to sing! He sings and takes off with the fifty dollar prize. I thought that was just a little unfair. We were there all night singing. This one walks in sings one song and takes off with the money. So what if he was way better. I'm practicing next time it's mine! I will be in my bathroom with a hair brush singing Adele and Katy!
In this place the bathroom is outside. I walk out to go. I see the girl that works at the local gas station. She is sitting with some people from the bar at a picnic table smoking. I say hello to her. The people she is with start to laugh and say....omg, you know birthday girl???? She kind of laughs too. It is very obvious that they are making fun of me. It is one of those uncomfortable feelings where I'm standing there trying to be nice and I realize these 25 year olds are laughing in my face. I go on to the bathroom with my tail between my legs. So what if I'm trying to re live my youth on my B-day. So what if I used to make fun of these same kind of people in my twenties. So what if I caught a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror and thought WTF.....damn fluorescent lights! Love my friends what a great night fuck those twenty something year olds! Your time will come too. Is it bad that I crazy hate that saying "grow old gracefully". Is it bad to want to feel and look like your young forever? Don't get me wrong, I have still have not done anything to change that. I refuse to look like one of those lion faces with too much work done. There is nothing worst than a 40 or 50 year old getting all that stuff done to try and look 25! Guess what they still look their age and everyone knows it! Bottom line is when it comes down to it my biggest wish is that my kids are happy, healthily, and wealthy. If I can get that nothing else really matters. Sorry for bad writing this is what I do, write and then I'm too tired to proof read. BTW, I work out! Not really but I'm trying like hell. Wouldn't it be nice if we could go to sleep and wake up the person we want to be. I'm now going to bed singing "I work out" hoping to brain wash myself! Kind of ironic that as I'm finishing this post there is an infomercial (spelling???) about insanity workout. Looks awful...just saying!

No comments: