Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Weekend

Good Friday Twisty made Ella...aka...the golden jerk go back to Chicago. She loved the Michael Jackson dance game. Of course she wanted to play before the meanie dragged her home!


The flight was not looking good for them on the way home. I was secretly praying it would be canceled. I can be a little selfish when it comes the the jerk.


I think Joe..aka..lost is on to something with this towel thing. I feel like every time I go out in the sun I cause more havoc to my face. I may make myself a towel face this summer.


Blake and his friends have the most interesting conversations. I guess I don't get them because I'm a girl. Boggles my mind though.


Some of the Cavender's are coming in for Easter weekend. At least I get to trade one niece for another. Unfortunately as the Cavender's were coming in Twisty and I were on our way out to the airport. We got to visit for just about fifteen minutes.


The boys, Lexi, and I went to an egg hunt on Saturday. The boys thought they were too old and too cool to hunt. It's sad how fast the years go. Cole did help Lexi hunt for eggs.


Cole is super sweet helping Lexi go through her Easter eggs. I've said this before but he is going to be a great Father some day. He better just wait till after college. It better be a girl too! I need to buy pink.


Here's Cole's one and only since first grade. This week was teacher appreciation week. One day the kids had to bring the teachers flowers. Cole wanted to get Brooke some too. I had to tell him no.


My baby birds are getting bigger everyday. I can't wait to eat them.....haaa, haaaa, haaaa, haaaa, haa ,ha!

Even though the boys didn't want to egg hunt they did still color eggs.

Here we are in egg coloring hell. My niece Lexi made the most beautiful eggs. The boys not so much. I better have a whole bunch of Granddaughters some day.



Of course Blake doesn't want to color eggs. He just wants to eat them. Typical teen age freak.




We play some Michael Jackson dance and sing along. I crazy love this game.



Mimi, who normally doesn't partake in cocktail hours with us has a few. She is rocking at the Michael Jackson.



We had a great visit with some of the Cavender clan. It went too fast as usual. Unfortunately they had to leave Easter morning.




I had a few friends over for Easter. It was an awesome day. I'm sad all the time that we have no family here. Having great friends makes it just a little easier.

I'm jealous that dudes seem to be able to fall asleep anywhere.



So today is just another one of those days where that song..."I had a bad day" is running through my head. I'm really ready for the end of the school year. I'm sick of having homework. Homework hour makes my wish there was a pump where you could pump beer in your veins and remain comfortably numb. I think my blood pressure is rising by the second. I got a phone call from a friend and all Hell broke lose. The boys started fighting and screaming. Making a total ass out of me. I'm trying to mouth.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME, while on the phone. WHY????????????? Where have I gone wrong? I'm mean, I yell, I ground them. Why aren't they afraid of me. I run out to my front porch to try and get away from them. Here they come. Since I'm still on the phone I give them the Mad Mom of all mad Mom's looks. This doesn't bother them at all. I have to cut my call short as I have to cut most things for me short.



When I left for work today my baby birds were warm and cozy in their nest. I stopped home for lunch and they were gone. I was sad since I watched them everyday from the time they were just little eggs. I walk out through the garage to go back to work. I stop at the fridge to get a water. While there I see a little bird hit the wall and fall behind the fridge. Joe and I move the fridge out hoping to free the little guy. He walked behind the work bench and we couldn't find him. After I got home from work Michael said he found the bird in a mouse trap. I don't believe in poisoning any kind of animal so we only have mouse traps with sticky strips. He got the bird out and put him back in his nest. The wing is messed up so he can't fly. I'm afraid he is going to die. This makes my bad day worst.



So I sit here tonight feeling road hard and put away wet. Not in the good way either. My house that I just cleaned looks like a tornado hit it. There is a huge pile of laundry even though I did five loads yesterday. I think I have the end of school blues. Since I am normally a glass half full kind of gal. I'm going to shot gun a full glass of beer and sit on my back porch. I will be thinking about the day these people I live with have their own people they live with. Now this puts an evil grin upon my face. It almost makes it all worth it.

No comments: