Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thank God, soccer season is over

As much as I love to spend a few nights a week running kids to practices. Oh, and I love spending my entire Saturday running from one soccer game to another, to another. Thank God, soccer season is over. Oh how I will miss all the bickering in the car back and forth to practice.
I will also miss the sound of.....can we get McDonald's, Sonic, Burger King, anything fast food please. So the next three months will be soccer free. Then the vicious circle starts up again. I was thinking the other day I should have kept track of how many soccer games I have been to in the last ten years. Just a gerbil in a wheel I say.



While rubbing Aidan's back last night he tells me Blake gave him a very important job. I'm thinking to myself this should be good. He tells me Blake wants him to be his "informative". What a big word for such little people! I ask him.....what might an "informative" do for Blake. He says Blake told him since he hangs out with the girls all the time he needs to get info for him. I ask.....what kind of info???? He says....ya know like who they like and that kind of stuff. Really??????? I ask if he took the job. He tells me kind of. I ask what does kind of mean??? He says....I got the info but there's no way I'm giving it to Blake. I tell him I'm very proud of him. This is what good friends do. Then I want to know if any of them have their eye on my baby Blake. I ask Aidan to tell me what the girls said. He tells he can't do that. I say but I'm your Mom you have to tell me everything I ask you to. He tells me he was sworn to secrecy. I tell him he can't keep secrets from his Mom. He says....I know I don't keep important secrets from you, but this you really don't need to know. Who are you kid????? I didn't raise a child with this much integrity. He kind of reminds me of my Dad....aka....the Grump. Grump can keep a secret like nobodies business. Mom...aka..Debbie, Kelly...aka...Twisted, and Me...aka...Mom of the year not so much. Even though I am really proud of him I am also disappointed I couldn't squeeze the info out of him. Now at this point I really should have the "secret" talk with him. The one where in a lot of cases if someone tells you to keep a secret from your parents you shouldn't. This is different since they did not per say tell him to not tell me specifically. I'm too lazy and my DVR is full, I got stuff to do. Wow, writing that down I really have this wave of guilt come over me. I think I will have the "secret" talk with him tonight.



Is the Universe trying to tell me something???? What's with dead birds and me lately??? This dude flew into my bathroom window. Well it was all down hill from there. At least he died on impact. I find I am teary eyed again. I think I need a happy pill or something, this teary eyed stuff is getting old. I also found myself crying when Romeo got voted off dancing with the stars. Pathetic, Right?????



My weekend was filled with a few fun get togethers. Friday night we went to a cinco de mayo party. Saturday we got together with a few couples for a mud bug party.




This whole "mud bug" thing boggles my mind. Their just so nasty. The fact that they are cruising around the yard right before we eat them is strange. Being a Chicago girl at heart I had never even heard of "Mud bugs" before moving to Texas. I think the grosses part about them is they are loaded with shit when you crack them open. I'm not kidding either I mean real shit! It's also a whole lot of work for just a little tease of food. My favorite part about the "mud bugs" is watching Ian cook the little suckers.



Robin, Ian, and I crazy loved our crab hats. Hub's was not a fan....party pooper! He looks thrilled to have this on right????



For some reason I couldn't shake these two crabs off me all night!



Blame it on the alcohol! I seem to think this crap is funny. That is until I see the pictures! What can I say......crabs anyone????



I worked today which put my home after seven. The little guys were just getting out of the shower. I sitting on the laptop checking my E-mail when the two little nudie kazuties come running through the kitchen acting like jack asses. They are screaming, laughing, and chasing each other. I have learned to tune them out a lot of the time. Hub's not so much. He gets mad and tells them to get upstairs and get dressed. They completely ignore him. He yells again. Cole is like.....WHAT? Hub's yells I told you to get dressed. Cole looks right at him and says......JERK! The look on Hub's face, oh my gosh. He stood there red faced staring at Cole for a few minutes. Cole knew he had crossed the line this time. All the sudden Hub's starts for Cole. All I see is this naked little ass run like lighting. Now they are chasing each other around my kitchen island. Cole is most dramatically crying yelling MOM, MOM, PLEASE HELP ME! HE IS GOING TO KILL ME. Is it bad that I am just laughing uncontrollably at him. I want a front row seat for this ass kickin. For this is the kid that told me he was in the market for a new Mom yesterday!

No comments: