Monday, August 30, 2010

Transformers!

While in Chicago we headed down town to watch them film Transformers.



My Mom, my Aunt Maureen, the kids, and me all took the L train down town. My mom and her sister Maureen are big time Debbie Downers. Don't get me wrong they are both a lot of fun to be with, but they kind of have a bad story of a "what if" for everything. They are huge hypochondriacs. They can be almost neurotic in a way. You know the kind of Moms that told you things like "if you don't cut that hot dog up it can get lodged in your throat and kill you." My Mom once told me if I sit on my legs (which I do all the time) I could get a blood clot that will go to my heart and kill me. My Aunt told my pregnant cousin that she needed to be careful going down town because people cut babies out of bellies. My Mom once said someone might chop my finger off to steal my ring. And I wonder why I worry about everything! They can rain on your parade real fast by telling you every possible thing that can go wrong. Sometimes I can almost hear the "WHAAAAA, WHAAAAA, sound going off in my head when they are telling a story. I don't know why but my Mom has a vault full of crazy ass stories about freak accidents and such! I don't know where she hears all this crap. Earlier this week my cousin was doing my hair at the same time she was doing my Aunt Maureen's hair. I was sitting there waiting for my naturally blond hair to process listening to my Aunt tell my cousin every possible thing that could go wrong on her upcoming trip. I don't know how they got this way! They have a brother that does not seem to let all these crazy "what ifs" bother him. Anyway I sat behind them on the L train and listened to them talk about being robbed....LOL! I love these two and mean no disrespect to them. I can't help but call them out on this crap though. The funny thing is neither one of them think they are like this. I sometimes find myself falling into this same path with my kids but then I pull myself back.

These are army men that are in the movie. I'm just hoping to see the hottie Josh Duhamel.

There must be a helicopter scene in this movie because it hovered over us for hours.

The boys have a great day walking around checking out the smashed up cars. Blake is of course texting the whole time.

Being in the city is so much fun. It is so beautiful down there in the summer.


This "SHEMAN" was worth the trip down there. I wish you could have seen my boys faces wondering if that was a dude! I think this is the first time they have seen a "SHEMAN". He looked pretty good but he forgot to tuck his man package away! It was kind of hanging out the bottom of his dress!

I was hotter than HELL out there this day! I don't know how these people could stand to be in this makeup all day.

My Mom bought the boys ice cream. Aidan's falls off his stick! Can you hear the "WHAAAAA, WHAAAAAA" in your head!

This picture pretty much describes how I feel a lot of the time living with these people. We had a great day hanging with the downer sisters! Like I said before I mean no disrespect to them. It's just fun to poke a little fun at them.

No comments: