Sunday, August 29, 2010

Busy weekend!

Saturday was our first official football game. Let me just say it was hotter than HELL out there.


I have a hard time keeping track of my kid on the field since they all look the same out there. I wanted to put some fluorescent green shoe laces on him. Hubby shot that idea down right away!



That's my baby trying to tackle someone twice as big as him. He is the one hanging on the guys ankle for dear life. Did I say it was hotter than HELL out there!



There he is now pretty much under the giant kids shoe! Poor baby, at least he has heart for the game. Saturday night hubby and I were invited to a 50th birthday party. My friend put on a great spread with lots to drink, a live band, and some Greek food. The food was awesome especially the meatballs. The bad thing was we were all standing around in groups chatting and burping up the meatballs. Now these were so good but they did not smell great coming back up. After that party we headed to another birthday party that was super fun. It was so much fun that we did not get in till 2am. Once in a while I seem to forget I need a lot of sleep these days!


Sunday I cleaned and organized the upstairs while the boys went to the pool. When they got home we headed out to eat. At the party the night before my friends 23 year old son was joking around, picked me up and told hubby he was going to take me to downtown Austin with him. Hubby says go ahead I will sell you her for 20 bucks. So on our way out to eat I'm telling hubby I really didn't find that funny at all. He tells me come on I was joking! I tell him that on FB this week I was chatting with my IC friends and we were talking about how we have gone from boy crazy girls to chocolate crazy girls. I then tell him I would like to trade him in for a giant chocolate bunny. He just starts laughing and says, now that is funny. I ain't laughing cause I ain't kidding!

Later tonight I'm on the phone with my Mom. We are talking about something and she says what if this person kills themselves. I just have to start laughing. This it not something anyone would kill themselves over. She asks why I am laughing so hard because things like this really happen. I start laughing even more and tell her I can't believe how dramatic she can be. No wonder I worry about everything! I have crazy dramatic Debbie downer for a Mother. While I'm on the phone Cole gets out of bed and asks me if there is a such thing as a "man eater". I tell him NO and to go back to bed. I get off the phone with my Mom and go up to check on the kids. As I'm coming around the corner to their bedroom something scares the shit out of me. They have their giant stuffed monkey sitting in a chair with swords in his hands guarding the entry to their bedroom. The funny thing is they have the giant monkey duct taped to the chair so I don't know what they think he is going to do for them. If any of you have read my blog regularly you know I tell the kids I have secret cameras in the house. This works like a charm when trying to get to the bottom of something. My kids always throw themselves under the bus right away. I have solved a lot of stuff using this method. My fear is I have ran this train way to long, I keep waiting for them to get smart. My friend GiGi calls me the other day and tells me she has something funny to tell me. Her son was over the other day and Cole, Aidan, and him were kind of messing with the big boys upstairs. I pulled that secret camera thing and then kind of forgot to follow through with it. So GiGi tells me she was putting her son to bed and he says "you know Cole's Mom has secret cameras". She laughs right away because she has read the blog and knows about the secret cameras. He then tells her Cole was supposed to be grounded for hitting his brother but he is not because the secret cameras missed it. We both have to laugh and now she might use my trick as well since her son seemed to fall for this nonsense as well. Gotta love those secret cameras! Anyway may be trading in one of these people for a giant chocolate bunny!