Friday, August 13, 2010

Random

This is a random entry of a few thoughts in my last few days! It is also a few funny things the kids have said. I'm supposed to be finishing my Chicago trip but I have been to tired to put the effort into it.

A few days ago Aidan my youngest asked me if I thought God was going to do something bad to him. I asked why he thought God would do something bad to him. He tells me he does not want to go to church because it is soooo boring. I have to laugh because I went to Catholic school and I relate to exactly what he is talking about at his age.

FOOTBALL
Now I know I live in Texas now and football is a big thing out here but I still just don't get it. My middle child Cole loves football. He is of course on the football team. I don't get to go to many of his games because I run my other two children to their soccer crap and games all the time. Hubby does the football stuff. I don't get why a nine year old needs to practice 3 hours a night every night of the week in 100 degree weather. I was at my doctor the other day and asked him what he thought about kids practicing in full gear in the heat of the summer. His response was "don't get me started on Texas sports in general". So anyway I'm at my nine year old practice because hubby has softball. I'm sitting there watching and thinking wow SOME of these Dad's are either trying to make their kids into something they could never be and the others are trying to make their kids into what they were and the kid has no interest. At one point someone is yelling at the kids so bad that I have the instinct to get up and yell......" Get your fat ass up and lets see what you got". I talk myself of the ledge and realize thank God hubby does the football stuff. If I did my name would be shit in this small Texas town I live in. This entry is in no way meant to offend any football people it is just my opinion. Hubby and me don't see eye to eye on this matter at all. He says it builds character and promotes discipline. My Mom on the other hand totally had my back when I'm complaining but she always goes to the dark side with the whole thing. She tells me things like "you know kids die from playing football". "you know he could have a heart attack or heat stroke, it happens". Now my sister and me have this running joke that my Mom makes Debbie downer sound positive. We could be telling her a happy story and she will have some tragic story of what could have gone wrong. I blame her 100 percent for my fear of things going south. I love my Mom, no offence to her it's just how she is.

So tonight I got sucked into the housewives on BRAVO. I can't decide if I want to be one or strangle one. I am a TV junkie at heart but I can't believe some of the shit I get sucked into. What a total waste of good exercise time.....LOL!

After watching four damn episodes of the housewives, Kathy Griffin comes on. Aidan is playing his I-pod in the corner. Kathy says something about Oprah being fat. Aidan looks up at me and says "OHHHHH, Oprah is not going to be happy about this one". At this point I'm just happy that hubby is in bed and didn't hear that one. I love that my kids love Oprah but hubby and me don't see eye to eye on that either!

On a final note I just love when Aidan says Mom followed by a "I know you going to say NO". I just want to scream at this point......THEN DON'T ASK!

These people I live with are still up and it's pissing me off!

No comments: