Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday night FB

Morning came way to early today. I got Blake up and out the door at 6:45. I thought I would just lay on the sofa for a few minutes before I got Dumb and Dumber up. Big mistake, I woke up at 8am. The start of school is at 7:45. So I rush upstairs in a panic to get them up. The whole time Cole is bitching at me about being late. Now Aidan could give a crap. Last year I didn't over sleep one time. I can't believe I did this the first week of school. I have to now walk them in so the office lady can give them a late slip. She asks me the reason they are late. I don't know why I felt the need to sugar coat it but I said an emergency came up. Cole looks at her and says..."My Mom woke up late". Really?????? My own kid throws me under the bus! I guess I wasn't being the best role model by lying but it's embarrassing to say I fell back asleep the first week. So I have to stand there feeling like a complete and total idiot while this lady fills out their late slips. Lesson learned....Never lie when your kid can hear you.
The boys had some friends over after school. They come down and ask for duct tape. I should have known this was a bad idea. They tell me they are playing a game and want to duct tape their giant stuffed monkey to the chair. The monkey is a bad guy and they are spies trying to get info from him. The Mom comes to pick up her two kids. We are standing in the kitchen having a nice chat when we here a blood curdling scream from upstairs. We run up there and Cole, Aidan, and one of her boys have duct taped her other boy to a chair. This is bad on so many levels. One this is our first play date with this family. Two the Mom is probably wondering why the hell the kids were playing with duct tape. Three she might just think I'm the worst Mom ever with the worst kids ever. I don't know her well enough to laugh it off with her. The only saving grace was one of her boys was involved in the tape incident. Lesson learned never give dumb and dumber duct tape unless they plan to tape their mouths shut with it!

Any normal Mom would have grounded her kids but we headed out for the Tiger Friday night football game. I couldn't ground them because it would have just ruined my fun. It's all about me ya know. Being from the small town of Dripping Friday night football games are a huge social event. Everyone and the Mother goes to these games. You never know if your going run into the coach from Friday Night lights since he lives in the area. While at the game we are all talking about Jesse James sightings. He just moved in the area and has been seen all over town. No sign of Sandra though. I guess now that he pretty much blamed her for his cheating ways she most likely won't be heading to Drippin any time soon. I wonder if the paparazzi will be heading to Drippin to follow Jesse around. Be looking for me on the cover of US, I will be the one making bunny ears above his head! What a total douche bag he is.
We get to hug the Tiger on our way out.
I'm signing off now to go have a cold beer on my back patio and enjoy the sounds of bullfrogs and crickets. I just have to say THESE PEOPLE I LIVE WITH are all sleeping and MaMa is happy.

No comments: