Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I could get used to living back in Chicago.

My next few entries will just give you the short and sweet version of some of the things we did in Chicago. First and foremost we saw the "bird"! Now the bird is what we call Ella my sweet niece. We picked up this annoying habit of pet naming people from my Mother. She used to call us things like Pork Chop, eirdy birdie, Co Joe the Indian boy, sweet pea, Pork pie, koo koo bear, erdest B erdest and his sister Elvira, string bean, and boogie baby. These are not your average Joe pet names. So we were ruined at an early age and now our children have to pay the price with these crazy names. Now Ella is just a year old and she has had an array of pet names such as Pirate girl, Ella B, Birdie girl, The bird, Ella Bella, and I'm sure there will be many more where those came from.

My Dad had a coupon for John Barleycorn in Schaumburg. We head out for a family dinner. BTW, coupons seem to make the grumpy old guy very happy. Just look at his smile. The bill comes and Dad has a strange look on his face. He tells me the bill is not high enough. WHAT???? So lets pay it and get the hell out of here before they realize they gave us the wrong bill is what I think. The girl comes back and says she made a mistake on the bill. The bill comes back even lower than the first time. She tells him she forgot to take off his 20percent coupon. The girl walks away and Dad says she left things off the bill. I look at him and tell him to pay it and lets blow this pop stand. He has to think this over because he is to honest for his own good. He pays it and about a hour after we get home he is still trying to figure why the bill was so low. He ends up calling the place to find out about specials. Turns out all three kids eat free before six, appetizers are half off before six, and cocktail are half off before six. I never seem to go to dinner before seven thirty myself. I may be on to some money saving ideas hanging with the old peeps who eat way to early.

These two Grandparents have no idea what they are in for living with these guys for five weeks! Lets take another picture at the end of our stay and see how happy they look.

The boys love to play hockey with the boy who lives down the street from my parents.

We have lots of fun visiting all our family in Chicago. This is my Aunt Beth, who is married to my Uncle Jim, who is my Dad's brother, who also Dad to my cousins Kyle and Kacy! Did you get all that???? They always have us over when we are there for dinners and lunch. They even took the boys over night which is great for me! While I'm doing this entry I'm eating Hostess powdered donuts.....damn they are good! I forgot I hadn't had these in years.

The bird gets sick a few days after we are there. The Doctor says she has foot, mouth, and something disease. Me I have three kids and I haven't heard of this. She really is a trooper even though she feels bad.


My parents go out to celebrate their 42nd anniversary. Now that's a very long time to be with the same person. I am always amazed by people that can stay married so long. While we were there Aidan asked my Dad if his job was to be Grandma's maid. Now this is something that I have wanted to point out a time or two as well. I am not that brave though. I don't think I would have gotten the same little smile Aidan got when he pointed this out. Maybe that's the key!!!! Earlier that day we were visiting my sick Grandma and she was telling me how my Mom and Dad were the best couple, they are so happy, and they have the best marriage. Me I have to laugh and roll my eyes. Don't get me wrong they are a great couple with a great marriage and an even greater daughter but NO ONE HAS A PERFECT MARRIAGE! My Dad even looked at me and laughed. I'm glad they are still together after all these years. Happy Anniversary!


Friday night we head to the Hoffman Fest with my Aunt Maureen, who is my Mom's sister and who is married to my Uncle Vince, who is also mother to my cousins Jennifer and Stephanie....got that???
Funnel Cake, need I say more???????

The Carnies got a hold of us. Now we are all in tears over not getting the giant stuffed toy. Well actually Blake is crying because Aidan got him in the pills. While were on the Carnies subject I really think there should be a reality show about these odd folks. Where do these people come from???? Some of them look like they are all of 14! Mary Kate Letoutneau would have a field day here. My sister of course grabs the camera so she can document my "I have failed my children miserably moment". All I can do at this point is laugh, the damage is done now! I feel for their future wives they may just be the "high maintance hoe" in the relationship.


Well looky there, is that a giant ass banana I see???? My cousin Jennifer's boyfriend gave into the little shits and God knows how much money this cost him. This of course is still not good enough because Cole is minus one giant ass stuffed toy filled with styrofoam balls! So now we have to talk Cole off the ledge. My Aunt Mo saves the day because she has a giant stuffed bear at her house that Cole can have.

Now everyone is happy for now! The banana looks happier than anyone though.

I come down for breakfast the next day and there is the happy ass banana sitting at the table.

Two spoiled rotten boys, one happy ass banana, and one giant teddy bear! What more can a girl ask for??? All I have to say at this point is my happy ass is off to the cubs game with my cousin Chelsea and no kids.....woo hoo! More to come with these people I live with and the happy ass banana in a bit!

No comments: