Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lushy Grandma

Now it's the time of the year where I have pleasure re-writing songs and poems of Christmas. It helps me deal with the holiday stresses. This one came to me after we had a little situation in our neighborhood this week. Without naming names or going into great detail I came up with this little jingle. I know I always preach on here not to be judgmental. Unfortunately I find myself being slightly Judgmental on this post. What can I say except I am a work in progress.
Lushy Grandma


Someones bushes got run over by drunk Grandma.......
Driving drunk from her house Monday night......
You might say there's no such thing as lushy Grandma's.....
But as for me and my neighbors we believe...........

She'd been drinking too much vodka.....
The neighbor saw her and told her not to go......
But since she was out of vodka.....
She swerved down the street and hit a pole.....

When they found her at the liquor store....
There were cracks all on her car.....
A big scratch across the door....
This time this Grandma went too far......

Someones hydrant got run over by drunk Grandma.....
Driving drunk from her house Monday night....
You might say there is no such thing as lushy Grandma's....
But as far as me and my neighbors we believe.....

Now were all so disappointed in drunk Grandma.....
She's not taking jail so well....
She's in there with the shakes.....
It's sad she can't remember....So she's thinking what the hell....

It's not cocktail hour without drunk Grandma.....
It's ashame she kept on going....
Still we just can't help but wonder....
What she looked like blowing.....

Someones bushes got run over by drunk Grandma.....
Driving drunk from her house Monday night....
You might say there is no such thing as lushy Grandma's.....
But as for my neighbors and me we believe

Now the sad thing about this fable....
Fifteen minutes later....she could have killed a kid.....
So lets put all the cards on this table.....
A lot of people would have flipped their lids.....

I've warned all my friends and neighbors.....
There's a lushy Grandma that drives our streets.....
They should never give a license...
To a Grandma that sucks down vodka and gets three sheets....

Someones hydrant got run over by drunk Grandma.....
Driving drunk from her house Monday night...
You might say there is no such thing as lushy Grandma's....
But as for me and my neighbors we believe......


This post is pushing the envelope a little bit. I hope it is a reminder to people not to drive drunk in the holiday season. A taxi is a lot cheaper than a drunk driving arrest. Be safe during the holiday season and have fun.

No comments: