Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break has come and gone once again.

 Hub's has been on me to put our house on the market and move closer into Drip. This picture above is one of the reasons I just might. I love this house. I always wanted a house that looked like it popped off the cover of Southern Living. I could just see myself in a rocking chair on that front porch with a beer in one hand, a spit can in the other, and a shot gun next to me. My Gramps would be proud. Welcome to the wild, wild, west! Yee hawww! How fun would it be to design a new house. Fun and overwhelming.

One of the biggest reasons Hub's wants out of our current hood is we have a shit house crazy neighbor living next to us. The other reasons are because taxes and utilities are cheaper in Drip. Oh yes and the interest rates are great now. It is sad that you can not refinance your current home for a better rate because your value has dropped. I think they should allow people who have always been current on their mortgage to refinance regardless of if the value dropped. The thought of moving overwhelms me. It makes me wish I had a wife. My closets and my drawers literally scare the B-Jesus out of me. There is no telling what kind of crap we have accumulated that lurks in there. On the other hand I feel overwhelmed by the amount of useless crap in this house. I would love to simplify and get rid of about half the people.....I mean half the shit in here. Now when you sell a house you have to stage it! When the hell or who the hell started this bullshit?????  Can't people imagine their crap in here without me taking every personal picture and half the shit out of it???? I'm  already run behind these pig pens I live with cleaning behind them. As they drop all their crap such as clothes, backpacks, food, dirt, and so on and so on!!!!!! Now I will have to make beds too! Not to mention no one living here seems to know what the thing on the toilet is that you flush with. Gross right???? Welcome to my world of shit in the toilet.


Now Hub's would like to buy a little land to put this house on. I think this neighbor has done him in. This builder also offers little one bedroom farmhouses. While discussing this move I ask if it would be alright if we build a little guest farmhouse that I can live in until these people I live with leave. I promise him that I will cook, clean, drive them around,  and put out before I retire to my peaceful space. He looks at me and rolls his eyes. I try to argue my point. I will be in a much better mood if I can have the TV, computer, and a good nights sleep with no snoring to myself. This prompted the discussion about the fact that I'm 42 and still have yet to hit my prime. I really think going into early menopause made me skip right over that craziness. Anyway we are still on the fence on whether or not to put ourselves through the hell of moving and building. Once again I find myself wishing for a wife. How nice would that be????? Think about it ladies! Can you imagine having someone to do all the birthday stuff, shop, clean, cook, drive people around, host and plan parties, take care of every ones problems, do the laundry, plus find all your shit that YOU left somewhere! Sounds wonderful to me. By the way this whole idea went over like a fart in an elevator.


 So we were on Spring Break this week! Spring Break my ass! The last few years we went snow skiing on Spring Break. That is no break either. What comes to mind is where's my gloves, my hat, my jacket, I'm cold, I fell, I don't feel good! This year we stayed home due to a bad economy. Are you as sick of hearing that as I am? We should have gone somewhere, I think we spent just as much money staying home. We have raised the "I'm bored, what are we doing next" generation of children. I'm so guilty of this  I hope there are others out there like me.  I secretly can't wait to see them with their own kids! That will be when pay back will set in. I will go to their houses ask for a cocktail and sit back and laugh while they scramble around trying to please their people.
 AHHH, the family dog! Thank God for him. I hate to say he is my favorite but it is what it is. This guy doesn't give a crap if I'm put together, if I smell nice, if I brushed my teeth, if I cleaned the house, he is never asking me for anything but food, a treat, and some love. He does not shop on line for useless crap. He does not fight with anyone in the house. He is always happy to see me. I have always hated that saying..."Men are like Dogs"! I call bullshit, if men were like dogs they would be perfect and that is just not the case! In a perfect world a man would be like a dog.
 This is what I said when Spring Break ended! Hell Yeah! I did a happy dance as they left for school Monday and I headed back to bed. I  have my TV, computer, and my sanity back. Don't know how you home schoolers do it! My hat is off to all of you.
 Spring Break also made my realize how strange my teenager is. I made pizza and he covered it with ranch dressing. I made fun of him. He posted something on Facebook about who likes pizza with ranch. He got a ton of other teenagers saying...Hell yeah! Then he posted a comment that said....Mom suck it! Really??????? Who raised you????? I would have never and I mean never made a comment like that towards my parents! I may have thought it but would have never thrown it out there. This is another long list of reasons I feel like were failing our kids. All this text and on line stuff makes them say things they would never say to someones face. It's pretty scary when you really sit back and think about it. Better have a thick skin in this day and age. Never thought I would be the one spouting out something like..."this day and age".
 This was the story of my life this spring break. See all the people I live with plus the dog sprawled out in my space. For God sakes we have a media room for them to do this in. This is my space.
So being the only girl in the house I like to think of myself as the queen. I have even tried to wear this crown around and make them obey. Doesn't really work. Still trying to master that angle.

While we were on spring break Hub's took the kids to six flags while I worked in what I thought was going to a peaceful day. About and hour into work I get a text from Hub's. The text reads....I wasted my money Aidan is afraid of every ride and I'm stuck sitting with him. I start to stress over Aidan because truth be told men handle this kind of stuff awful. I just know Hub's is trying to get him to go on rides he is not comfortable with. I text Hub's back right away. I say....remember he is our over thinker, he does not want to fear the rides but he does and you can not be mad about it. He text back..don't worry I just promised him a motorcycle if he goes on a roller coaster. This is a prime example of why that saying men are from Mars and women are from Venus rings true. Hello you are not going to buy him a motorcycle for this. Not before I get a great pair of boots or get put in the shop for all the damage these people have done to me. This is going to do nothing but break his trust in you. So my peaceful day at work turns into schooling Hub's on how to handle an over thinking scared child.  I text back and say don't lie to him it will haunt you forever, you don't want to break trust. He then text back that he promised him a baseball tee instead. That I can live with since it is 20 dollars verses 1000 dollars!

I have lots of guilt over Aidan's anxiety. He is the only one of my three that I raised all myself without the help of nannies or daycare. He is the only one that fears everything and that is me. I hate it for him. I think he has horned into my fears and have taken then on.  You miss out on lots fearing things. Plus you spend way too much time over thinking things. It is an awful way to live. Sad thing is this didn't happen to me till way later in life. A kid should not be troubled with this over thinking crap.

During spring break one of Blake's friends mom passed away. This kind of puts everything back into perspective. I did not know her well but when your from a small town you know everyone in a way. I know her daughter pretty good since she was one of Blake's friends. Her Mom had been sick for at least four of the years we lived here. I do all the pictures for boosters so I would see her at her daughters games. She would come barely being able to walk. Yet she came. I can not imagine what is is like to go to your kids games knowing you will not be there for the next season. I'm sure that all the stuff that makes you think you want to pull your hair out seems like pure bliss. All the times you complain about having to drive them to practices and give up your weekends seems like a blessing instead of a burden. I'm sure fighting kids or kids that are too loud seem alright when you know you won't hear that much longer. I'm sure as a mother you fear that you will not be there to see your kids through their life till you know they are alright is a huge scare. I really can't imagine what is like to know you are dying. I bet your persecutive on everything changes. So I took Blake to the service. I sat and watched the video playing of this women I only knew by seeing at games. I watched all the pictures of her from her youth, and her wedding, her pregnant with her children, her raising her children, and her living her life. I sat and cried it was awful and heartbreaking. I watched her brave daughter get up and speak about her mother. Then I watched her brave daughter walk away and fall in her fathers arms crying. How silly I feel blogging about the fact that my ass has gotten fatter than it was when I was younger. How shallow I feel, How dare I when people are going through stuff like this. I still can't help but cry because as a mother you know you are the glue that holds your family together. Dads are great but there just not the same. I just can't imagine having to leave these people I live with. I pray that I will never endure this type pain. I really do love these people I live as much as I bitch about them. My prayers go out to that family. Sorry again my spelling and grammar sucks as Hub's pointed out to me tonight while reading a past post. I'm  way too lazy to proof read. I'm human and I have many imperfections, writing is my biggest even though I love it...go figure! Just happy I have these people I live with driving me to insanity. Wouldn't want it any other way. Hello universe is there a half dead billionaire out there for me??????????

No comments: