Sunday, March 18, 2012

Call me a Rodeo gal!

So I lived in Texas half my life now. We headed to the Rodeo last Wednesday night! This was my first Rodeo. I know it's hard to believe since I seem like such a cowgirl.....yeee hawwww ya all. I even put my boots on to go. I can't wait to go back next year so I can yell...."This ain't my first Rodeo y' all"!
We headed out there with four families and twelve kids.
I have been worried about how fat my ass has gotten lately. Not after a trip to the Rodeo!!!! Where is that show "What not to wear"?????? BTW, someone I knew told me they were going to put me on that! I'm not making fun of her, I like big butts and I can not lie! Mostly because they make me feel better about mine. Shallow I know, but it is what it is.
This picture is a prime example of my biggest pet peeve about this new not so improved generation of kids. Don't get me wrong I love these two but jeez put down your phones and enjoy the moment. Maybe I should take my own advice. What can be more important than people watching at a Rodeo. This blows Walmart away.
They definitely missed this! Stuff like this is worth the overpriced trip. I wish I had more of a close up of this girls outfit. It had slits all up and down the front of the pants. I'm feeling pretty good about myself at this point. "Heeee Hawwww, y' all"!
Who can go to the Rodeo without buying and overpriced funnel cake????
After spending an undisclosed amount on the Rodeo rides we headed into the actual Rodeo. As many of "The Walmart" people that came out for the Rodeo, just as many of the pretty people showed up. Now I didn't really see these pretty people walking around the carnival. When we actually got into the true Rodeo the pretty people popped up! I thought where did these people come from. I was feeling pretty good about myself up until now. Some were dressed as if they were going to the Oscars of the Rodeo. I found myself wanting to yell sit down all you skinny ass young bitches where are the Walmart people. I thought the bull riding was the most entertaining part of the Rodeo. That was until Jake Owen came out.
I just sit back and wonder what kind of crazy cat wakes up one day and says...."I think I want to get my ass kicked riding a bull". I can say after a few beers I have thought of doing some pretty crazy things but never bull riding. Mine is more I morf into Katy Perry!
I don't know why but it gave me great pleasure to see the bulls chase the "Cowboys". Maybe I was picturing the bull chasing one of these people I live with.
Then came Jake Owen!!!!! Who knew I liked country music. What a great performance. I found myself the next day bored at work "you tubing" his songs. I may be a borderline stalker. I think he should sing the song I'm sexy and I know it!!!!! Sexy he was. Plus he just seemed to be having a great time.
There is always that crazy fan in the crowd. This guy totally had a man crush on Jake. He sang and danced like he was the only person in the room. I was kind of jealous. It seemed very freeing.
Hub's ran into the guy who just sold us my car. Oh by the way finally got rid of my way overpriced lemon when it started losing power while driving. This will be a whole other blog post. Imagine stuffing your face with a cheeseburger while driving in lots of traffic and your car loses power!!!!! What's a girl to do???? Pull over in the turn lane, finish the cheeseburger because it's damn good, and then start to panic! Anyway back to the Rodeo. The car guy ended up giving Hub's his box front row seats. Does he give them to this Jake super stalker thinking very bad things????? UM Hell no! He gave them to the kids. See the kid in the cowboy hat front row????? Yep that is my kid in my spot! The kids get everything......all my boot money.....all my sanity......all my TV's and computers......and now my front row to the I'm sexy and I know it guy!!!!! So what if Cole can sing his songs word for word and loves country music. So what if this was his first concert and he crazy loved it! I should be there...especially since Jake walked over there. He would have totally locked eyes with me and thrown me over his shoulder and taken me away from these people I live with. Are you singing that song...."Dream on...Dream on" in your head now?????
After the concert we head back to the carnival. Hub's and his friend decide there going to go on this crazy ass ride. I guess the beers have gone straight to their heads. I should have gotten a better picture of this ride. This one does it no justice. This damn ride shot up so high you could barely see the top. While it shot up so high it does circles. Made me sick watching it. So before Hub's gets on he hands me everything out of his pockets. Right before he gets on I yell....Where is the insurance policy??????? He finds my humor most annoying.
After Hub's does it my oldest and his friend Ari decide there going to go! I think they are crazy but in some way I find myself jealous again. I bet it is a huge rush.

So while I sat here and wrote this blog Hub's helped Blake with his English project. This is one of those projects that he waited till the last minute to do. Telling us all week it was almost done. I put myself in a mommy time out and secretly laughed while Hub's did homework. This is the last night of Spring Break thank God! Because it is the last night the little guys are having a hard time falling asleep. They come down first for water....second for a snack because they are STARVING.....Another glass of water...and then the famous....I can't sleep! Hub's is sitting across the table from me doing Blake's homework. He looks over at me and says..."Don't ya wish there was a legal gas that we could put them to sleep with?"! I don't agree with him half the time but I think he is on to something here! So anyway Grey's Anatomy is playing in the background. There is a girl on there that sucked a condom into her lung. I can't help but wonder can that really happen????? So Hub's is still working on Blake's project with him because he is smarter than a fifth grader. I claim not to be. I mastered this early on to assure myself of getting out of this stuff.

This week Aidan was trying to talk me into buying him something he found on line! I hate this on line shopping crap. These kids find things they never would know existed. This is a thorn in my side for sure. He says in a most dramatic award winning way...."I have waited my whole life for this"! Truth be told he found it five minutes ago. I look at him and say you are eight! You have not earned the right to use that "I waited my whole life for something saying"! I say..."You have food not only bought for you but cooked for you". I say..."You have clothes bought for you and washed for you". I say..."You have me that finds all your crap for you and you don't even pay rent to live here". I say..."Until you do all these thing for yourself you do not have the right to use that saying". He looks at me as if I have three heads and says....."I have birthday money though". Damn it!!!!! Damn it!!!!!

My oldest who last week told me his girlfriend and him were getting married after high school got dumped. Earlier in the week we were driving. He said..."Mom my girlfriend wants to marry me". I being the one who has seen the cruel world knows this will never happen but I don't want to break his spirit so I say "alright". He grasp my negativity or saw my eyes roll even though I was trying like hell not to show it. He says..."It can happen". I say..."anything can happen but please get married after college so your not living with me, I raised my kids and I just want grandkids I can send home". He then goes on to point out that his Grandma and Grandpa have been together since before the dinosaurs. They did have me at 19 and 20. Get your head out of the gutter I was planned they were married before I was conceived. That's how they did it back then. I tell him that people used to get married early back then. He then brings up my friends Ashley and Boogie who have been together since 8th grade. Alright they are the one in a million so it can happen. Guess it's not since they broke up.

I find out about the breakup on good old Facebook. Blake is at six flags and I see him posting crazy stuff about the one that got away! If I have told him once I have told him 100 times about not posting dirty laundry on Facebook. Just maybe I should take my own advice. He gets home and I ask him about the breakup. He shuts me down and tells me he does not want to talk about it. This hurts me. I have always thought of Blake and me being very close. How can he shut me out???? It does really break my heart. The next day we head to the mall together to get some digs for my cousin's wedding. While driving I beg him to tell me what happened. I tell him I'm a girl who has been there done that and I can give good advise if he lets me in. He ends up telling me. I will not blog about what he said but I will say I wanted to call a few people and act like a crazy middle school dramatic teenager and give them a piece of my mind. I tell him what I think went wrong and how a girl feels in certain situations. He asks if I think she will take him back. I have no idea but I hope so since he has liked her for three years. So he comes down tonight after he should be in bed with a handful of notes and gifts that she gave to him. He tells me he has first period with her and asks if he should give all this back. I say hell no...that is what a girl would do! I ask him if he wants her back and if he wants to keep that stuff. He says yes for both. I tell him to give her space and keep the stuff and of course be a gentleman . I'm so good at giving good advice. I'm the voice of reason when it comes to anybody but myself! If only over the years I could have taken my own advise I could hang my head high. Truth be told I have acted like a crazy idiot in my time!

So I was kind of sick of blogging. I thought..."ya know this is getting boring and I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over". I started this for my kids and then ended up getting about 3000 readers a month. So what if 20 percent are pervs and people that want to know what happens when they eat a booger. I know this because when you have a blog you can see what your readers google to get here. There are lots of pervs and booger eaters out there....just saying. It makes my invisible ass feel a little less invisible. So like I said before I started this for my kids. I read back on some of my first blog entries the other day. Sad thing was I was reading stuff I didn't remember. Another sad thing is I have awful grammar and in am in need of ghost writer. Totally embarrassed. It is there though and some of it is funny, some of it makes me cry, and truth be told life goes way too fast. Now I think if someone wants to read it to feel better about themselves so be it because I scream lazy parenting. . If someone gets bored with it they don't have to read it. I need to stop worrying. This is my life with these people I happen to live with. I think when they have their own kids it will be fun for them to read this! I also think maybe they will take my old ass in out of guilt when the time comes! I really do love these people so what if the dog is my favorite stop judging! I never proof read which is a problem but it is what it is! This is my blog and I'm happy that I have these people I live with to blog about.

2 comments:

dmkodat said...

You are totally nuts! More, more, more!

kerry said...

HaHa you have no idea how nuts I am!