Sunday, December 1, 2013

BUSTED

So needless to say my last blog post was about everything I'm thankful for. It was Thanksgiving…..I was feeling the "Thankfulness". Now that I'm at the end of week of my kids being home….not so much! So as much so I have a hate list I'm about to make of my top ten not so favorite things about my kids being home for a week.

1….I work now…a real job for the first time in a while. I'm not thankful for the state of my home when I got home from work this week! It's like a bomb went off or a tornado hit. You would think they were homeless staving people. My God I think they have eating contest while I work.

2…I'm not thankful for kids on line shopping for the Xmas list! Us parents in this generation got the shaft! They get on line and see things they would never know existed if it wasn't for "Google". I imagine myself crashing the whole "google" site at times! Then there is Facebook, instagram, snap chat, and Vine. For kids this age it's like a "Hey look at me and look what I got" thing! Everybody knows what everyone is doing and what everyone is getting. Even people they don't really know. Even celebrities. It puts a new meaning on the famous kid saying…"Well so and so got this". Now it's more like "OMG, this person is in Disney, this one is skiing, this one is downtown, this one got a dirt bike, this one is hunting, this one got new shoes, and so on and so on and so on and so on and Soooooooooo on! Then they say why aren't we in Disney, skiing, hunting, or why aren't you buying me all this shit all the other parents are????????Makes my want to run screaming from my house NAKED! HaHa checking if your reading this…..I would never run naked from my house! I would run/walk fast but never naked!

3…The fighting……and the fighting….and the fighting! Everyone in my house is an expert on what the others should be doing or what they are not doing right! Need I say more!

4….The sleepovers! Do we really need a sleep over every night! Kids are like un human. They remind me of vampires. Not that hot one either! They can stay up all night with tons of energy and loud voices!

5…The fact that they are starving at midnight! They come in the kitchen like they have never seen food in their lives. Cooking, opening the fridge, and the pantry. The sound of wrappers and the microwave sends chills up my spine! Oh yes, my mom says I will miss this someday! Not thinking she is right~

6….Needing rides. "I need a ride to Belterra, I need a ride to the mall, I need a ride to jump wild, I need a ride to my friends, My friend needs a ride here"!!!!!! I should be paid for all the driving I do…just saying! "Jump Wild…….thorn in my side! Love the owners but have thought about burning that place down a few times! I think I've made a car payment to that place a few times! What happened to street hockey????

7….My TV and computer are held hostage for a week. Now I love both those things and I have never learned to share! Making deals to get on my TV and my computer kind of sucks!

8…The fact that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I have night owls! Crazy night owls. I look forward to my down time at night when everyone is asleep. No one sleeps in this house! They out last me. No time to relax at all this week.

9…..Duck Dynasty. Now I love me some good reality TV. But my God you can only watch so many episodes of the same show before you want the be in that beaver house they blow up on that show!

10…..I think this one is most parents all time thorn in the side! How many times can you stand them saying…"I'm bored, what are we doing today". "Bored, really?????? You have TVs in your room, bikes, friends over, Xbox, iPhones…..need I say more". What's boring is going on a road trip in the 70's counting how many out of state licence plates you can find! This generation wouldn't last two minutes in the 70's!

Ok I got that off my chest! I feel like I lifted ten pounds off. Wouldn't it be great if bitching was a calorie burner. I might be anorexic.

So now to my busted story. I was driving my kids around. Your shocked right??? My sister called. I was just so thankful for her in my last post but was also bitching that she never picks up her phone or calls! Well she called at the most awful time! She's a crazy health nut. Always bitching at me about poisoning my kids with bad food decisions. GMO's , fast food, sugar, and so on! Let me defend myself a bit. Her generation was more informed about this stuff. I'm a creature of habit….bad ones…plus I'm an ignorance is bliss gal! So I happen to be in MC Donald's drive through when she calls. I tell her to hold while I quietly try to order two extra large sodas and a double cheese burger. I get by with that. Then I pull up to the window. The guy handing me my super sized soda says…."You again" and laughs. I reply.."busted". She can hear what's going on. She is like "what are you busted for"??? I say "we are at McDonald's".  I say.."The guy knows us". She is like…"Are you kidding me, that is so ridiculous". I say "We are from a small town, everyone knows everyone". She is like.."OMG, Kerry, you are poisoning your kids, when are you going to stop???". I'm like.."damn the sodas are only a dollar for the giant ones, and we are from a small town". She is like…"that's pathetic".

So I was telling my mom…aka…Debbie Downer the story. What does Debbie say??????? "Ya know that big wig from MC Donald's who ate that since he was 14 died of colon cancer". Waaaa, waaa, waaa!!!!!

No comments: