Tuesday, August 13, 2013

prank callers

So my day is filled with craziness. Blake who is on the football team started "two a days" this week. This is for the birds if your kid doesn't drive. He needs to be at the high school at 6:30 am. Picked up at 9:30am. Back at 1:30 pm and picked up at 3:30. Yes, I just rolled my eyes after I typed this. A "WTF" may have rolled off my tongue too. If he was that kid that might go to college on a football ride I might take this better. But in reality this is not the case!  As I keep writing you will see that this makes me a bit crazy.

I was texting one of my friends who shall name anonymous. We were poking fun at a mutual friend who posts "selfy" pics of herself all day every day on line. Now I get that the kids do this and it is the norm. But this one is like 40 something. Not only that but she post super random thoughts she has as well, weird random thoughts that shouldn't be published, they should stay in her head. I'm feeling a little judgmental now since I have a few "selfy" photos out there. Mine are for laughs though. Maybe I'm the only one laughing though.  Hers are serious ones. I'm also guilty of being a walking, talking, on line advertisement of my life. Drives Hubs mad! So back to my story. We were poking fun -being assholes about this person. I spent my day taking "selfy" pics and sending them to my friend. It's the little things that get me through the day.

Then I headed to Zumba. I just started back after my two month break. Mind you I was in Chicago for almost six of those weeks. Eating, drinking, and being merry! I forgot how much I love this! Puts me in a good mood right away. I came in and there was a few old faces and lots of new ones. There is like this new Zumba gang in there. I used to be the Zumba gang but there's a new gang in town.  I always dance in the very back of the room. I bet you pegged me as a front of the room girl. Since I scream "attention whore". I like the back though. If I was good I would totally be in the front. So the new gang has this girl who happens to dance right in front of me. We are supposed to mirror the instructor. This girl not only does opposite of what the instructor is doing but she also wears this tie on jingle jangle skirt you can tie around your waste there. She totally messed up my Zumba game. I found myself trying to follow the instructor but looking at her and getting really messed up. Those jingle jangles I wanted to strangle her with even though I was in my semi happy place there. You should only wear those if you can rock it in the Zumba class. Half way through I imagined myself removing those jingles from her waste and putting them on one of the front of the class peoples! Yes, summer has done me in! Woe is me and anyone around me at this point!

So after Zumba I headed to my friends daughters volleyball game. After that we head home. I settle in for a little shit TV. As I take another "selfy" pic to send to my friend, a call comes in. It says "BLOCKED". I think...."who can this be????". I pick up and a little voice says...."I can see you and I'm in the closet". Followed by a familiar giggle. I say..."Come out of the closet, it's alright I understand". The voice says...."That's not what I meant by that, I'm under the sofa and I'm about to get you". Followed by a familiar giggle. I say.."Hey Cole, you might just be the worst prank call I ever received". He says..."Awwww Mom, how did you know it was me???". I say...."I'm super smart like that but the giggle coming from your bedroom didn't help". A little more time goes by. Like another episode of housewives. I hear some voices. I go to Cole's bedroom........no ones in there. I follow the voices to the garage. Cole his friend and pig pen are sitting in the boat giggling. Totally prank calling people. I tell them to come in and stop it. Cole says..."No, wait mom I'm really good at this, watch.  I watch him prank call a friend in a strange voice and act like he's a dude from a tattoo parlor. I do have to laugh at his fake voice. I say..."Alright, come in that's enough". He says..."Hey Mom you do one". I say..."No, I can't". He says..."Come on you know you want too". I say..."Alright just one". So I call my friend Ash ready to put on my most creepy voice. It goes to voice mail. They say..."leave a pranky message". So as her message finishes I say in my most pranking voice..."I'm in your house and I can see you". My voice was great.....but they were laughing in the background. Totally ruined my prank call. What I forgot is how damn funny it is to make a prank call. To be a kid again....I would be a rotten for sure if I had a do over.......Final thoughts....summer, summer, summer, time!!!!!!!!! Is anyone else out there ready for that six hour break???? Plus decent bedtime????? Or am I the only asshole who feels  road hard and put away wet???? Not the good way either!!!!!!


No comments: