Sunday, January 29, 2012

xmas break

It's funny you work so hard to get all your Xmas decorations up. Then it just all flies by and you have to take it all down. No one in my house has any interest in decorating for Xmas. Which means its all on me. I have to make sure the house is filled with all the pretty decorations. This is not actually what I pictured when I day dreamed about having a family as a kid. I guess because they are all boys I can't really expect them to want to decorate. I think I was supposed to have at least one girl. Don't get me wrong I really wouldn't change a thing about my life. I just wish I would have tried for just one more kid when I was younger. That probably would have sent Hub's clear over the edge since our last one wasn't planned.
I get the house looking beautiful. Xmas break is way overrated if you ask me. I enjoy my free time when everyone is at school. No fights, odd smells, no one asking where their shit is and most important a very quite house. Just me and the dog for a few hours of bliss.
We spent most of the break sporting these footy pj's and playing just dance.
I'm still a sucker for a kid in footy pj's even if their a little old.
We all have fun in these crazy footies that we bought on clearance after Xmas.
Even the middle school boys have fun in them. This is because they are from the hey look at me generation of kids.
The dog is like a typical dog sleeping with everyone in house. I just smile when I see this. My parents never let us have a dog as kids. I crazy love having a dog and I love that he loves my boys so much.
Here he is sleeping with another one of these people I live with. I love that the dog thinks he is human. He gets in the bed, tucks himself under the covers and places his head on the pillow. Crazy right???


So anyway last night I blogged about my oldest trying his first drink. Thinking maybe I should not have put that out there. Not because I'm worried about people judging me. I'm too old to worry about that anymore. More because I don't want people to be afraid to let their kids hang out with him. I don't want people judging him. I wrote about this because if one parent reads it and talks about under age drinking to their child it could be a good thing. I have decided not to keep drinks in my house anymore. Better safe than sorry. If anything people should think I'm on top of this now. No one is going to get away with this at my house. I refuse to be a house where a kid can sneak a drink. I actually would have bet my house that my kid never tried a drink before I found those empties. Scary right? Never bet the farm on anything. It was only one drink, not excusing it at all. But I refuse to be snowed or out smarted by a 14 year old. He may hate me now but some day he will thank me. I hope! I truly have his best interest at heart. All I want for these people I live with is good health, happiness, and good wealth.


So today I found myself sucked into a show on show time called "shameless". In a strange way it made me feel better about myself. Things could be way worst. My kids got a dirt bike today. This will be another blog soon to come. By the way when I say my kids got a dirt bike I'm referring to Hub's too.


My thoughts are still heavy. Worried like crazy about my kids. I just want to do them right. I want them to make all the right choices in life. In a perfect world right? I wish us as Mom's had a pause button where we could escape and go to a spa to think, loose weight, think, get facials, think, and come up with the right answers. Pause time, nice thought right? My crazy neighbor nailed a frisbee to his fence that belongs to my kids. Pictures and bogging to come. Once again sorry for bad spelling and grammar.



No comments: