Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Matching outfits????? Really??? There is an eight year difference here!

While in Chicago this summer I wrote a blog post about my sister...aka...Twisty and me through the years. I mentioned in the post how my Mom...aka...positive Patty used to dress us as if we were twins. This would have been adorable if there wasn't an eight year difference between the two of us. I don't even know how she found matching outfits for us having that big of a gap. Oh, but she did! Thank you, Lord and Taylor, not to mention Marshall Fields. You ruined my life! When I complained to her about this her response was....I only did that when you were really young and only a few times. BULLSHIT, I'm here to say. So the picture you see above would most likely be Easter. My guess is Kelly is three which makes me eleven. This was probably taken right before church. Growing up Irish Catholic and going to Catholic school meant you would run into all your classmates in church. How do you think I felt walking in there with a matching outfit to my three year old sister??? Not even mentioning the matching hats. Stupid, ridiculous, dorky, embarrassed, humiliated are just a few words that come to mind. If they were going for....A boy will never like me because I'm dressed like a dork, they did their job!




In this picture we are attending my Uncles wedding. You can tell by the length of my hair that is at least a year later. That is Twisty and I on the left. The two behind us are our TWIN cousins. Notice they do not have matching outfits on. The two on the right are our other cousins who are sisters with I think five years between them. Notice no matching outfits. She not only made us match but she made us match for multiple occasions in the same dress. We wore these matching outfits till they were to small for us. I could just here her saying...I paid a lot for these outfits...we need to get our use out of them.




Yes, same outfit once again! This time we are attending my cousins christening. You can tell by my face I am less than thrilled. Got to point out my Dad...aka...Grumps rocking orange shirt. I bet she dressed him too. At least I don't have the God awful hat like Twisty.




This was my all time most hated matching outfit. Not only am I matching my much younger sister but positive Patty found my ten year younger brother a matching outfit too. I look happy in the picture but it is all smoke and mirrors I tell you. This velvet very expensive dress haunts me to this day. It's cute on the two little ones but for God sakes not on me. The worst part about this velvet sailor dress is Patty spent a lot of money on it so she wanted to get her use out of it. I will never forget in the forth grade when she made me wear it for picture day. All my friends showed up in their corduroy pants and their valor shirts. Me, I rolled in with my awful Dorothy Hamell haircut, my sailor dress, and my petticoat for picture day. Not to mention the patent leather shoes. This is why the love of my life "Brendan O'Donnell" never looked my way. By the way, I think my Mom still has these outfits.




Not only did Patty find matching dresses but she managed to find matching PJ's! Thank God we did not have to go out in public in these.




Here my guess would be I'm about in the seventh grade matching my much younger sister. Thank you once again Lord and Taylor or Marshall Fields for ruining my youth. My guess would be we are headed to church for all my Catholic school mates to laugh at me matching Twisty.




These were our matching X-mas outfits! For Fucks sake will this ever end??????




More matching PJ's. Wondering if Patty knows our age difference. This might just be child abuse.




Here I am at my confirmation. This is supposed to be my day. You go to church to say that you accept God on your own with all your classmates. Kerry goes matching her much younger sisters dress. Really???? What is Patty thinking???? No wonder boys didn't like me.




And we wear the dress that she wants to get her money worth for many occasions. Damn it if I wasn't a slow grower and had to wear this shit for years. The kicker is that at 19 I still had a matching dress to my 11 year old sister for the church directory I deleted it on accident. I will post it on my next blog. So as far as Patty saying she only did it when we were young......she is sadly mistaken. Now don't get my wrong I love Patty to death. Wouldn't change almost anything besides the matching outfits. She reads this blog. So don't be mad Patty. I'm just poking a little fun at you. If you can't make fun of family who can you make fun of????



Posted by Picasa

No comments: