Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This was not the Mother's day I dreamed in my head as a child.

Mother's day morning my three little sweet things had cleaned the whole house. They made me breakfast in bed. Showered me with very expensive presents they had picked out. Then I woke the hell up!!!!! To the sound of fighting no less. I tried to stay in bed but the sound of the door slamming over and over was too much to sleep through. They were all scrambling to get to the lake. I stayed behind to get sandwiches and snacks ready. I was meeting them out there a little later. Somethings wrong with this picture right?????? We did have a very nice time at the lake though. Had a fight on the way home. I was feeling a little unappreciated being Mother's day and all. I asked them on the way home if they had shopped for me. I turned around to see a few deer in headlights. I noticed when we got home Aidan was scrambling to find something to re-gift me. They did have flowers, a gift card, and a card for me. I just think it would have been nicer if they had picked something more personal out. I am the only girl....."queen bee" rings a bell here. I guess it's more like queen of driving their asses all over and keeping up with all their shit. Bitter.....not yet!

There were two cards on the counter. One said Mom and the other one Kerry. I picked up the one that said mom first. When I opened it....it said  To my amazing Wife! At first I thought Hub's just put the wrong card in the envelope. That was until I opened it and the kids had all signed the wife card. They tried to talk their way out of it but I was having no part of it. Now I'm bitter! I had a mommy "WTF" moment and felt sorry for myself. I put so much thought into all their stuff. This was not the kind of Mothers days I day dreamed about as a child. This just didn't seem right. On a brighter note Cole did make me a very sweet poem at school.
Later in the night I was working on a previous blog post. I have always said my favorite part of blogging is feedjit. This is where you can click on and see what your readers "google" to get here. You can also see  what blog post they end up by what they "google". So I pull up feedjit for a laugh. Boy did I get one. It was such a great one I peed my pants just a bit. So someone "googled" "thinking about my death". When they googled this it brought them to my "for better or worst" post. This blog was all about marriage. I have no idea why when they "googled" that it brought them to that post. It couldn't have come on a better night though. I laughed harder than I did in a long time. I needed that laugh.

Something about the end of the school year makes kid go crazy. All my kids are not being the perfect angels that they usually are. Hub's had a softball game tonight. The little guys wanted to go. Since it was a double header it would have gone too late. Since it was Hub's last game I said they could go for the first one and I would pick them up. When I got there to pick them up Aidan freaked out. He wanted to stay for the other game. He swore up and down that we promised him he could stay. This just proves that kids only hear what they want. Hub's and I both tell him he is sadly mistaken. He gets in the car and we pull away. All of the sudden he morphs into worlds worst two year old.....he is nine btw! He sounds like a fricken seal yelping. I had spent my day getting our house ready to sell. So I'm not really in a mommy happy place. I tell him to stop or he will be grounded tomorrow. This makes him yelp louder. I pull the car over and tell him to get out and walk back to the softball fields. He can tell his dad why he is there. He gets out of the car and starts to walk. This is not really how I saw this playing out in my head when I said this. I make the best of it and I think....I will show him. So I drive away. The whole time I'm doing this the other two are begging me to leave him there. I say..."I can't do that, I just want to scare him". So we go up two blocks and turn around. I can see him. I keep thinking he will turn around to look for me. Not this stubborn one. He is walking and not looking back.


I pull up beside him and tell him he has one chance to get in this car or he will be sorry! He looks at me and starts to run towards the fields. Cole jumps out of the car and says..."I will get him". I sit there for a minute. I look at Blake and say..."What do I do now, this was not supposed to happen". He laughs. It's half sad and more pathetic that I'm asking a 14 year old what to do. I drive up to get Cole and him back in the car. What I drive up to is Cole and him having a knock down drag out fight. Blake jumps out of the car to separate them. He tells Cole to get in the car. He puts Aidan over his shoulder and puts him in the car. Can you say..."White trash". Aidan keeps trying to open the door and get out. At this point I have had it!!!!!!!! I tell Aidan....."Get out of the car and go tell your dad what is going on". I really think there is no way he will do this. He gets out and starts marching back to the field. I'm madder than a wet rooster now. I pull into a parking spot. Blake and Cole jump out of the car because they love when someone else is in trouble. So I get out and watch all of them run to try to be the first one to tell Hub's what is going on. Blake makes it there first. When I walk up Hub's looks at me and says..."come on Kerry this is embarrassing". I look at him and say..."Ya think". He then looks at Aidan and says...."If you know what's good for you, you will get in that car and act right for your mother". I watch in amazement as Aidan's eyes do not leave his. He shakes his head and says..."Yes sir". All I can think is....."Are you kidding me". I know this is late but happy Mother's day to all the Mothers out there, and good luck! Oh and for any haters out there! I love my kids more than I ever thought I could love anything. I'm just venting that they are not perfect tonight! I asked the universe for perfect kids and a multi million dollar lotto ticket. It just hasn't listened yet!


No comments: