Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fredricksburg

My Mom...aka..Positive Patty and I headed into Fredricksburg for the day.
Ella...aka...the Golden Jerk decided to stay home with the boys and go swimming. What a poser...right???? I wonder who she gets that from.
Oh She is an "EDWARD" lover too! I can't imagine who she gets that from. Can you say brainwashed!
Right before you get to Fredricksburg there is the most amazing nursery. It is called Wildseed farm. It has 200 acres of flowers. It has a little shop there too.


There is also alittle wine, beer, and cheese bar. I should have known to steer Positive Patty clear of here! She is like a professional shopper. She takes FOREVER looking around!!! I'm the complete opposite of her when it comes to shopping. So while she shops I stroll around the gardens thinking about that 50 shades book.


Who knew there is a town named after me. I think I shall move there and become mayor. In my town it would be something similar to the stepford wives town. Except it would be the stepford husbands town. The husbands would act more like chicks. I would be drugging their beers of course. Oh wait it would be the stepford husbands and kids town. I would drug them all....evil laugh. The husbands would find all the shit their people could not find. They would act like dogs tails wagging when their masters came home. They would stay at home and do all the shit around the house. This is while their wives traveled and had adult conversations all day. They would quote Oprah and be as cute as Nate Berkus. They would hang on our words instead of asking the same question five times before they heard the answer. They would be too tired to put out at the end of the day. The kids would brush their teeth without being told ten times. They would pick the friends that you felt are good for them. They would have perfect grades and perfect manners. They would never be hurt or sick. We would all be rich and do great things for our friends and family. Last but not least the hot vamp would live in our town...my town. There would be no WTF moments of parenting! We would be doing what we truly loved and had passion for. OMG, someone stop me!!!! I'm going off the deep end again. Someone slap me back to reality.

Thinking about WTF moments of parenting....I of course had another this week. Cole came home yesterday. He said they were learning about inventions in school. They have to come up with one. He said his is a giant boob with a tube connected to it. This boob will produce milk for all the parentless kids in the world that don't have a mom to breast feed them. I'm seriously thinking WTF in my head! I'm laughing at the same time....but really????? What do his teachers think of me!

So I preach to my kids and on here not to judge people. I know good and well being raw and honest in this blog puts myself out there for judging. I always say people are judging you all the time. Most of the time to make themselves feel better. I saw a great post that said...Do not judge me unless you have walked in my shoes and do not talk about me unless you talk to me first. So true. I struggle with the judging thing as much as the next person. Someone called me out about making a judgement. There are few people that call me out. My sis and this person come to mind....My mom of course too...but that's what moms do. I respect their honesty. I feel I need to be called out when I do it so I can do better. I wish I had the courage to call people out. I don't really enjoy confrontation though. I feel bad because I was not the one judging but I was the one listening. I should have stuck up for this person. I will not blog about who this was it could be a family member or a friend.  It really doesn't matter. I just know I preach to my kids to be kind to people and never judge them. Yet I find in my forties I still making those mistakes! There are a lot of situations I have judged and found myself in the same situation later....Karma is really a bitch! I'm going to make an effort to be a better friend and a better person. People trust you with their secrets for a reason. They are not yours to talk about or judge.

Blake is still struggling with middle school drama. Don't think I don't want to act like a crazy person and fight his battles for him. Facebook for middle school kids is the devil. Kids say the most awful things that they would never say to a kids face. I check Blake's Facebook page like a helicopter mother. I see a cute picture of him in school. He has a big foam over sized hat on. The girl that posted it said fun times with Blake Cavender in class. I notice that there are  51 comments under this post. Of course I pull them up. There are boys saying "dislike", "Fagot", "gay boy"....and so on. I see my son who post......you don't even know me and why are you looking and commenting on my picture...who is the gay fag???? As much as I want to ring those haters neck I want to ring Blake's just as much. I have told him time and time again to take the high road and not fuel the fire. Don't think I didn't want to fight these haters on Facebook too.  He is right the kids that posted those comments are in high school and don't know my son. I wish that their mothers were watching their pages as I do. I would be so upset if I ever saw my kid bullying someone on Facebook. I don't even like the fact that he gave them the satisfaction of fighting back. I wish my kid knew that middle school and high school is a very short time in your life. It doesn't seem like it at the time but it is. The sad thing is I don't want these haters to change who he can be and break his spirit. I feel bad for kids now. It was hard to be in middle school and high school before social media. Can you imagine growing up now???? People judging you and making fun of you for everyone to see and put their two cents in. As we get older we get a filter...these kids have no filter. I have said it before......but because of social media we are raising kids that are going to have thick skins and that is sad to me. That should not happen at such a young age.

We as parents want to shield our kids for as long as we can from the evils of the world. We want them to enjoy their childhood for as long as they can. We don't want them to grow up too fast. To be in hurry to have their first drink or their first sex. Most us know they are too young for this. If only we could age in reverse we would all be golden. Well most of us. Facebook is in my mind making them grow up too fast. Now I'm a Facebook lover...junkie for sure. I don't use it to make fun of people though. I think for me it is you feel invisible at times and it gets you out there. I have loved the most reconnecting with people from my childhood. I'm an Irish catholic school girl. When you grow up in Chicago Irish catholic you go to school the same people your whole life. You know them well and know their families because your in church every Sunday with them. I love reconnecting with those people the most! My best childhood memories lay with them. Kinda of mad that the boy I loved all through catholic school is not on Facebook......just saying! I hope he is doing well even though he never gave me the time of day and I'm still bitter. But this is what I'm talking about. If I'm still bitter at 42 because a boy I thought I loved didn't talk to me.......what is Facebook doing to our kids????????? Maybe I'm a rambling crazy person but I think it is breaking their spirit. Can you imagine at the day and age when you took everything to heart seeing pics of a party your not invited to??? I breaks my heart thinking about this. Think about it....is Facebook ruining the person are kids are meant to be???? So sorry I know bad grammar and miss spellings plus rambling!!!!!!!

No comments: